WHO WAS THE GUY THAT RAN SLOWER WITH 4.10s ON HIS AODE????

ya i just want to say that the AODE are ****ty lol i have one , im driving around put it down and all i hear is revving for about 2 seconds then it will finally kick in lol anyeone know about that? i cant do any performance untill i find that out???

• Sponsors (?)

95red said:
ya i just want to say that the AODE are ****ty lol i have one , im driving around put it down and all i hear is revving for about 2 seconds then it will finally kick in lol anyeone know about that? i cant do any performance untill i find that out???

It's dying. Funny thing is that it can last a year or two acting like that, maybe even more. Mine went two years under those conditions.

95red said:
It sounds like your mlps AKA neutral safety switch. Do a search for mlps and you will see all the problems. They cost about $25 from az.

MrgreenGT thats great to hear lol. not good at all because its already been doing if for a year, but it says you still have an AODE with a transGo kit, did u rebuild or buy new, and can you give me some prices on what you got???? thanks would be appreciated

bjl95mustang said:
It's a common problem the 94-95 stangs. at auto zone it's called neutral safety switch for an auto.
To install the safety switch. Get under your car and on the drivers side of the trans that is were the switch is. it's held on by 2 8-10 mm bolts. Just unplug the sensor and remove the two bolts. after you replace the sensor let the bolts say a little lose and you will see there is slack on the sensor where you can rotate it. Put the car in neutral and on the sensor there is a line on the sensor then one oon the part that rotates with the car in neutral line up the lines then tighten the bolts down then plug it in. I would try this first. If this dosent help then if your willing you can try messing with the trans valve body and or tighting the valve body bolts.

Hopefully, it will be the MLPS, but it wasn't in my case. It finally just got stuck in 2nd gear. It would only do it once every few months until right before it died. The week before it crapped out, it was doing it all the time. The thing went out while I was on my way to the trans shop to have it checked out. I had it rebuilt and kept the kit that was in it.

The importance of a good cooler can't be stressed enough with these trans.

Mrgreen94gt, how much was rebuild on your tranny? is it worth it to buy another AODE if mine is screwed or is it better to just go all out and put manual in it? Im getting sick of pullin up to a honda civic and loosing cuz my car feels like it slows down when i try to get on it, EVERYONE give me some info on what i should do if its screwed????

I shot you a Private Message when I saw the other thread. Guess it wouldn't hurt to put it here though. :shrug:

I paid about $650 at a local shop, which included them removing the trans and putting it back in. I'm notsure what they charged for that, I'll see if I can dig up the receipt. Everywhere is different, but that seems to be fairly standard cost for that type of thing.

Bump, anyone know what it will take to just get a tranny place to rebuild it for me? can you give me a price for that, and give me a price for if they had to take it out and put it back in to, cuz i might have a buddy take it out and put it back in if it will cost a crap load for that but he doesnt want to rebuild it for me he said. and also what the transgo kit costs and do you see much of an improvement with the kit o isnt it worth buying???

bjl95mustang said:
What stock gears do you have in your car right now? On some cars that came with 3.27 as stock gears you could mod the valve body so it would shift it little bit sooner and wouldn't hit the rev limiter. Check out www.tccoa.com And look under tech then tranny then tranny 101 or building a bullet proof 4r70w. Also on the 94-95's they had problems with aluminum accumulators and they would leak. Look at this info on the site because you will want to get this stuff fixed before you do a converter, chip and gears. The parts cost about $40.
Check out this link. There is a free shift kit on there. On the cost of a rebuild. When mine was having problems i got quoated between $1200-2000 for a rebuild. I ended up just doing it myself and saved a lot of $$$. You can get a complete rebuild kit of of ebay for $50-100 and then you need a mech diaode witch costs about $120 but I just saw on on ebay for $30 and then you only need a special set of seal protectors and a manual witch costs about $100 for both. Also here is a video and a break down of the trans http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12-techinfo/trans-tech/4r70w-trans-tech.html

95red said:
wow my local tranny shop said it would be 1400 for rebuild?? can that be? or are they trying to rip me off?

Like I said, prices vary from place to place. For a little more, you may be able to have a fresh performance one delivered to you or a stock rebuilt one may be cheaper.

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/

This place has stock units for 1150 and a high performance version for 1850. There are other places too. I would make sure that I needed it first.

95red said:
wow my local tranny shop said it would be 1400 for rebuild?? can that be? or are they trying to rip me off?

Your paying for labor. You can get a great stock rebuild kit for about $120. I would call a couple of you local shops and talk to customers of those shops with mustangs and see how the like the trans that they got.