Who's replaced their harmonic balancer

mackey said:
I bought my Aftermarket Balancer for 80. Professional Products. Very nice piece if I may say.

Yeah me too. I have the race version of it. Its REALLY nice. But you will have to get the spacer that goes with it for it to fit on our cars. Just a heads up if you get the Professional Products one.

• Sponsors (?)

I got mine from Napa. No problems yet after ~35K miles. I forget the price, but it was cheaper than Advance/Auto Zone. My only complaint is the timing marks are hard to see.

Oh yeah, go easy on the car until you get it replaced. I got pissed off cuz my exhaust kept coming apart from the vibration and I did a burnout up to about 6K rpms and my balancer came completely apart! :owned: But at least that made it easy to find my problem :D

I just put this one ( http://secure.50resto.com/product1.cfm?SID=1&Product_ID=1733 proffesional products)on my g/f's 93. . .I wish i new about it before I replaced my own balancer! It didn't work with the stock bolts so I had to go buy some grade-8 bolts that were too long. Then I cut them down to be able to bolt the pulley back on it without washers. It was only becuase the P.P. balancer uses a screwed-on counterweight that blocks the bolt holes.

I replaced mine at the same time of the supercharger install b/c it had 118,000 miles on it and I dident want it going bad after the S/C was on. I replaced it w/a ROMAC 50 OZ ballancer, I got it off ebay for $220

Mine went bad and I replaced it with a NAPA one and well, about 8k and 2 years later I need another one as the rubber is sticking out the back about 1/3-1/2 in. and the front was getting a groove cut into it from the water pump pullie. I guess not driving it much/sitting caused it to go bad. I am going to see if there is any kind of warranty on it but I dont have the recipt so I am prolly SOL.

I heard the PP one was a good piece and is SFI rated. May get that if I have to buy another one.