Who's Using A Lincoln Mark Viii Fan?

• Sponsors (?)

Each relay has it's own 35 amp fuse, they are located in my fuse box I built under the hood.
Is this the correct way to wire them if I go the 2 relay route like you?
wiring_2relays.jpg

Are these relays sufficient if I pick up two and wire them in parallel like you suggested? Amazon product ASIN B01KFKEFZAView: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KFKEFZA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A180VU3KH6ZVF2&th=1

Yes @wiseguyk that's the relay board I have. Works great.
Thanks! Does the fuse on the relay board alleviate the need for an additional fuse between the relay and the battery/solenoid? If so, that might push me in this direction since it would save me having to get a fuse holder to put in between the relay and battery/solenoid.

Is this the correct way to wire them if I go the 2 relay route like you?
wiring_2relays.jpg

Are these relays sufficient if I pick up two and wire them in parallel like you suggested? Amazon product ASIN B01KFKEFZAView: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KFKEFZA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A180VU3KH6ZVF2&th=1

Thanks! Does the fuse on the relay board alleviate the need for an additional fuse between the relay and the battery/solenoid? If so, that might push me in this direction since it would save me having to get a fuse holder to put in between the relay and battery/solenoid.
The board has a designated place for a fuse. I use a 40amp fuse on mine. I'll see if I have a pic of mine with the fuse on it. It's not a regular blade fuse.

Reactions: 1 user
I couldn't find any pics of mine with the fuse on it so here is a pic of it and a pic of the type of fuse it uses. the fuse goes on the 2 blades right nest to the LED indicator light.
Leash relay board.jpg

This is the kind of fuse it takes.
Littelfuse_Cartridge_LPJCASE.jpg

FWIW...I am using the Mark fan and went DCC. Then burnt it up after 2 seasons with less then 2K miles. It was late fall when it went, so after no response from Brian over the winter I was done with him....
I used to talk to Brian from time to time. He's usually pretty good at taking care of the few units that do fail. He likes to analyze why so it will never happen again. Because DCC is a 1-man show, you have to be very patient. He almost always answers email, but if you give him attitude, he will not respond. I know a couple years ago he was ill & didn't do much of anything. Contact him again & he will likely R&R the unit you have for free as long as it was not intentionally abused. He told me that he sells many to the off-roaders who run them through the water & mud with very few, if any problems.

@stangboy I appreciate the info and pics. I would have loved to go with the Leash board because it looks nice and everything is packaged up nicely, but I'm an impatient SOB and their lead times shown on the site are currently 2-3 weeks. :(

I decided to go the dual relay & fuse route instead as I could get everything here in 2 days and get to work on it over the weekend. Gotta love Amazon Prime!

Now I need to start figuring how I'm going to mount it to the radiator. I'm sure the shroud is gonna need some trimming, so just crossing my fingers it'll be enough to clear the turbo to intercooler pipe... :cautious:

@stangboy I appreciate the info and pics. I would have loved to go with the Leash board because it looks nice and everything is packaged up nicely, but I'm an impatient SOB and their lead times shown on the site are currently 2-3 weeks. :(

I decided to go the dual relay & fuse route instead as I could get everything here in 2 days and get to work on it over the weekend. Gotta love Amazon Prime!

Now I need to start figuring how I'm going to mount it to the radiator. I'm sure the shroud is gonna need some trimming, so just crossing my fingers it'll be enough to clear the turbo to intercooler pipe... :cautious:
I trimmed the shroud down and used aluminum angle to make brackets, I riveted the brackets to the shroud then bolted it to the radiator. I will get some pics.

I don't think I waited that long for mine but it definitely didn't come in 2 days, so I understand.

I am pretty sure the shroud was large enough it hung all the way to the bottom of the radiator, I used large zipties on the bottom side.
20180725_101524.jpg
20180725_101539.jpg
20180725_101520.jpg

The rivets were long and I used washers on the inside of the shroud so they could not pull out.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
I use an 94-95 SN95 fan in my car. Been there 20 years and always has kept my car rock solid at 190 degrees.

Actual startup load is around 40 amps and continuous is 20 amps. As much as I'd like to get a mark 8 or contour dual fan, I like that low current draw on continuous