Why do the Track Gods hate me???

94DreamGT

Founding Member
Jul 19, 2000
Indiana
My AFR/FTI Combo has been up and running for almost 8 weeks now...I have been absolutely DYING to get it to the track. Dyno numbers are all nice and pretty, but track times are what I'm about.

Well...one of the car clubs I've been a member of for years since I was in College had rented out one of the drag strips here in Indiana for Saturday May 1st. We had about 40-50 people coming to it and the entire track was ours for all morning and afternoon. ALL WEEK LONG THE WEATHER WAS PERFECT. I wake up at 6am on Saturday morning and the air is very cool and the roads are dry...perfect for racing. Long story short...it's about 3 hours total driving to get to the track and when we were about 20 minutes away the sky opened up and rain started pouring. Track rental was cancelled and now is going to be rescheduled in the Fall. I was SO bummed because I've been so looking forward to this and my car was ready to go tear off some impressive times.

So...I figured if that didn't work...I'd hit up the regular T&T that night after the roads dried up. Well...it kept drizzling just enough for that to be rained out too.

Fast forward to tonight. There is a Street Legal Drag Night at one of the tracks here in Indy. Even though its a ricer-fest and usually very busy...I decidied to go just to get myself a timeslip as I can't wait any longer. Sunday and Yesterday weather was perfect...cool and dry. 2 hours before I'm going to leave for the track from work today....yup...here comes the rain. Event Cancelled.

So I ask...why do the Track God's Hate me??? Guess I"m going to have to wait until at least next week...where I"m sure if it isn't raining it'll be at least in the 90's with lots of humidity :rolleyes:

Ok...my ranting is over now...thanks for listening :)

• Sponsors (?)

Same thing happened to me ago two months ago. I tried going to the track three times. Rained on me every time. I got one run the entire time which was in the rain. 15.07 at 96.98 mph with like a 2.5 60'. I almost killed myself. Damn rain.

VibrantRedGT said:
Maybe something bad was gonna happen and the rain saved you (twice).

I like the way you think :D

Hey don't feel bad I wanted to go all summer last year but the closest 1/4 mile is about 2 hours away and I never went. Oh well maybe this fall when it's cooler.

Well...as of right now, I will be shooting for next Tuesday, but who knows with my luck.

Right now I'm just in one of those pissed off moods where I don't give a f*** because I've been let down 3 times in the span of 4 days and it's getting to the point where it'll be anti-climactic when I do end up going. I have an idea of what I think I'm going to be running (not saying quite yet ;) but I know a lot will depend on weather, track prep, etc... For the first time out with the combo, I don't want to set the bar too high.

Jake...no dyno session yet. I'm really not in that much of a hurry to get it tuned. Everyone said I'll "need" to get it tuned with the big cam with the 111 LSA on a stock computer...well guess what...my car is running absolutely fine with almost no driveability problems. All it took was upping the idle and messing with FP a little. I'm sure I'm leaving some horsepower on the table, but it seems to be a strong runner and the track will verify where it's really standing.

If the track times are way subpar, then I might be forced to get a tune, but right now, it is pretty far down on the priority list. If I do get it on the dyno, it would just to see if I can break the 300rwhp mark and see how broad my torque curve is.

95snoozer said:
can I see your dyno graph?

i need something to shoot at/for :)

As soon as I get it on the dyno...I'll be more than happy to throw the graph on here for all to see.

The thing is...I'm not interested in the dyno as much as I just want to take it to the track!!! (See first post :) )

The midwest SVT club is having a track day on May 28 - 29 at US.41. They are offering T&T for non-SVT cars and bracket racing ect. for SVT vehicles. go to www.midwsetfords.org and look in the events section(the first 'sticky' MSC news) for the details/link to their site.

I think it's also posted here in the midwest section but, I'm not sure.