Why is my 95 gt vert a dog?

jason21841

May 11, 2005
I have two completely stock mustangs. One is a 95 gt coupe and the other is a 95 gt vert. Why is the 95 gt coupe SO much faster. The vert seems sluggish at high RPMs and on acceleration. The only things ive checked were the MAF sensor and TPS. TPS voltage on 95 coupe is at .966 and 1.09 on the vert.

• Sponsors (?)

change the vert TPS voltage to match the coupe's, maybe the vert was made on a friday at 4pm. I am a strong believer in it is all luck of the draw when it comes to how cars perform especially from the same model. How many times have you read car and driver and they say "we dont know what happened but the car we tested back in whenever was faster than the one we got for this comparison test" ,It's all luck of the draw.

Is the 'vert an auto? If so I can see it being slow. I used a stopwatch and timed my old AODE 95 vert car and I came up with approx 8.3 seconds from 0-60.

Also, the coupes ARE significantly faster than the 'verts. Example:

My 5 speed GT 'vert ran a 15.2 at 90mph.
My cousin's 94GT coupe ran a 14.8 at 93mph stock, 3mph is a pretty big difference.

for tps, the computer uses the voltage at startup as the base, so i don't think it matters. mine is .93 and it runs great. but it wouldn't hurt to try to get the tps below 1.0.

when was the last time the standard tune up stuff (plugs/wires, rotor, distributor cap, oil change, air filter, fuel filter) was done?