Wierd noise

stngmn96

Aug 2, 2002
Roy, UT
:shrug: undefined

Hey there guy's! I know this is a hard thing to guess as you can't hear the problem, but I need some idea's where to begin to look at. Here is the deal;
When my motor is running at ideal in park and I manually manipulate the throttle body the noise I hear doesn't show or manifiest itself. However, whent he car is in gear and under load I get clickity sound that is rpm dependent and only happen when I press the gas pedal. It goes away when the car is at least at midway on the temp guage, or if the cruise control is on it doesn't seem to be really noticeable. I thought it was my timing, but even at the stock timing it is the same. Racing fuel doesn't change it either.

I am wondering if it could be a sticky lifter or a bearing going.I just don't know where to begin to look. It drives me friggin nut's. I have heard that mustangs make all sorts of noises even when new. I have about 130,000 on my 96 GT.

If anyone could give me a couple of places to check I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks guy's!

• Sponsors (?)