Will a supercharger force the engine to not last as long?

tx2000gt

May 27, 2005
As opposed to not supercharging it? I'm asking this because, I'm looking at putting a 1.7 KB blower in my 99 GT which already has about 60k ok it, and I don't really want the motor blowing out on me at around 100k. I mean, as long as I take care of it, should it last me for a very long time?

• Sponsors (?)

the motor will not last as long being blown vs n/a. there are numerous exceptions, but the physics behind everything will point you to a shorter life expectancy. The tune, maintenance, and how you drive your car will dictate the life of your engine. I am not a fan of the KB tunes and would get a reputable dyno tune, preferably one KB certified.

would not oush 9 psi on the kb, odds are you will blow your engine.

let me put it to you this way, im not sure what blower im going with but my engine will get forged internals first. i only have 10,000 miles.

as long as you run safe levels of boost, timing, and fuel pressure you should do just fine.

I would run the 6psi kit I think(piece of mind). or run the 9psi kit without all the extras. the 9psi kit is capable of over 400rwhp. on non-forged motor with 60k that might not be the safest route. I am not expert though. I would call KB as they are smarter than anybody here.

anytime you add power to a car, it adds more stress. more stress = less life. but as long as the tune is good, the engine will last quite a long time with the supercharger on it.

Yea, usually KB 2Vs with the stock bottom end dont last long at all....03redfire blew up his motor supposedly a month ago I think. 9 PSI KB is asking for trouble, the centri at 8 would be alot better due to it ONLY making 8PSI at around 6K....it doesnt hold your engine under the strain of 8-9PSI from 2200-when you shift, like the KB does.

hotmustang331 said:
Yea, usually KB 2Vs with the stock bottom end dont last long at all....03redfire blew up his motor supposedly a month ago I think. 9 PSI KB is asking for trouble, the centri at 8 would be alot better due to it ONLY making 8PSI at around 6K....it doesnt hold your engine under the strain of 8-9PSI from 2200-when you shift, like the KB does.
:stupid: