will busted up reverse light switches leak?(t5)

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
i got my t5 rebuilt recently, i put it back in and started noticing a small leak. over about a month or so it got alot worse.

pulled it back out and suspected the silicone seal b/w the tailhousing and the case was the blame. at least its what it looked like. found a bunch of fluid on the top of the t5 where the tailhousing bolts down, which doesnt make sense seeing how it would leak overnight

took it back to the guy and he reasealed the tailhousing and it looked good.
reinstalled the t5 and it leaked again, acted the same as before.

the next day (today i jacked the car back up and took a look with a light. there is no fluid on the top half of the tranny, where i found alot of fluid before, there wasnt anything, the tailhousing seal looks good and doesnt seem to be leaking. the top cover also looks clean

I DID find the revere light switch and the pigtail that connects to it was SOAKED with ATF, the black plastic is cracked around one of the two pegs. and the peg is loose and fluid seems to be inside, looked like it was coming out of it.

after looking around and findin hardl any fluid on the tranny, no source of leaks i am leaning towards this reverse light switch being busted up and leaking fluid.

just seeing if anyone has had any problems with these things leaking,

i took it out and have another new one on the way.

• Sponsors (?)