Will I have problems if I remove quad shocks?

• Sponsors (?)

So the rear shocks are not needed? In that case I should have no problems running a 17x10.5 with a 315/35? Say you had eibach drag springs and beefed upper and lower Ca's, would removing the shocks effect launching negatively?

zenboy99 said:
The rear shocks are needed but the quad shocks can go if you have aftermarket LCA's. The quad shock runs horizontal from the chassis to the axle. Just thought I would clarify that.

Yep, I am an idiot. Thanks for clarifying that. Still learning this damn car. Sooooo different from what I am used too. :bang: .

95tealGT said:
I'm getting H&R Supersport springs and Tokico Illumina 5-way adj struts/shocks, they're also throwing in some poly spring bushings. I have 17x10.5 rims in the back with 315/35/17 tires.

What offset and backspace are on those wheels?

I am mounting 315/35/17 sumitomos on deep dish billet rim 17X10.5 tommarro...and i flipped my quads but it sure looks like its going to still hit it my quad or my exhaust...are you haveing any problems since you removed the quads...if not, i think i will just remove them....any help would be appreciated..thanks in advance!