Will I need new shocks?

• Sponsors (?)

man, i ran pro for a month or 2, then i got sportlines..a month later, they SUCK.
Look even if they don't blow, your ride will be totall butt. the stock shocks and struts aren't made for this, i have a feeling they are not designed to be lowered any more than maybe .5 inches and thats stretching it.
Pro springs still give you a high looking ride on a 99-04, you can probably get away with out using high performance struts and shocks, but getting some fox body ones. they are cheap and if they blow, then you can get the high performance ones. stock Fox struts are cheap from the parts store anyway

40,000 miles with sportlines? and it still rides smooth and no bounce? 40,000 miles is nearing replacement on brand new shocks with stock springs let alone a 2 inch drop. Have you ever ridden in another mustang?
Regardless, your car wont handle right with stock dampners wether they are blown or not

I've got 39,750 miles on my stock shocks/struts with 18,500 miles on the H&R SS springs (2 inch drop). The ride is fairly rough, but it always has been since I installed the springs. I'll probably change out my shocks/struts once I hit 62,000 miles (100,000km).