will mark viii valves, cams, and springs fit on termi heads?

5.0Torx

Dec 30, 2007
hey all

Looking into buying a set of bare termi heads. Whats the best route for outfitting them? Summit doesnt seem to have much...

Will the hardware from a mark viii fit?

TIA

• Sponsors (?)

I would imagine for the most part the valves and springs would work, since they seem to be of the same diameter (37mm intake/30mm exhaust) as the Mark VIII/early Cobra castings. i'm pretty sure the cams are interchangable back and forth between them as well....although I'd rather match up the right heads to the right cams for full potential. You do realize you'll need a later model Cobra intake to work with these heads as well, right? The early "twin port" B heads won't work with the '03-'04 Cobra heads.

Yes i was already aware of the differences in the intakes, just not the valve hardware.

Im also aware of the fact that the mark viii cams are a bit more tame than the cobra ones. Just trying to get a combo together that will run.

for power adder earlt casting CAN be superior to anything but gt/GT500 castings.

but bone stock 03-04 are superior. 99-01 4v are superior for N/A and inferior for power adder.

you are limited to turbo/centri for 93-98 castings. beware of 99-03 as they have valve failures from defective cooling 7/8 cylinder.

there is no large capacity intercooled roots/screw charger for 'b' heads.

Not intercooled, but Kenne Bell does put out a decent Positive Displacement offering for the car. Add some water methanol into the mix and I doubt safe and consistent horsepower levels into the 450rwhp realm are out of the question. :shrug:

These early 4V engines make plenty of top end power, its torque in the bottom end that's lacking. I'd buy one in a second. :nice: