Will these Explorer injectors work on my 01?

01Stang65

Jan 19, 2017
There is a guy local to me selling these injectors for a 96 explorer, completely rebuilt. From what I can tell, they are ev1 type iii connectors? Part Number is 0280155710. My car is a 2001 GT. All the websites like amazon don't list my car as being compatible, but I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

IMG_20200416_013219.jpg

These are what's on it right now. Looks the same to me

I was wondering if the injectors were different to to it coming off a carbureted motor to a EFI motor
Carburated motor?? No electronic injectors on a carb motor.

It looks like your injectors are the same as those factory on a fox mustang. I know explorer injectors swap there, so why wouldn't they on yours.

Carburated motor?? No electronic injectors on a carb motor.

It looks like your injectors are the same as those factory on a fox mustang. I know explorer injectors swap there, so why wouldn't they on yours.
Your right lol I had a brain fart!

So that begs the question: will I still get the sought after gain of the explorer injectors over my current Injectors?

What happened to the original injectors?

Are you planing to re-tune after swapping? You are aware that you can't swap injector size without updating the tune.
19lb to 19lb injectors, no tune needed but... Many people reported a slight gain in mpg. Because of better atomization over older style injectors on the 5.0 motors and such.