will these work together. Clutchcable and topside adj

Dec 5, 2006
Just got a new clutch kit installed and wanted to get a new cable and quad but am wondering if the firewall adjuster will work with it , heres a link so yous can look at it . The part # for the items im looking at are part # (17) M-7553-B302 <the cable and quad and part # (21) > TOPSIDE CLUTCH ADJUSTER , will these work together or should i even bother with the topside adjuster. Heres the link http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/category.asp?catID=27&catdesc=Clutch%20Related, thanks abunch oh and the clutch is very smooth and really easy to press

• Sponsors (?)

You could, but what's the point in having it adjustable in two places? It just makes it twice as difficult to get the pedal where you want it.

Do yourself a favor and DITCH THE ADJUSTIBLE CABLE IMMEDIATELY, and BUY AN OEM **FORD** CABLE. Trust me on this one - even an OEM-fitting aftermarket cable will stretch out and snap in a relatively short amount of time. (Mine only lasted a whole 9 months.)

Use an OEM Ford cable, a triple-hook aluminum quadrant (UPR has a good one), and the firewall adjuster, and you'll be good to go for a long, long time. Do it once, do it right, and never worry about it, again.

Thankyou darkwriter77 for the info on using the oem cable i was abit sceptical on this but been doing alot of reading, i think i will go with the double quad , firewall adj and oem cable , whats the difference between the triple and double quadrent, and do yea know how the firewall adjuster works with the oem cable, i just want to get it right the 1st time. thanks:nice: