Will V8 Exhaust Manifold Flanges Fit V6

Dannymclovin

Jan 26, 2018
Hello I've looked around for specific numbers and can't really get anything my question is will 99to 04 gt exhaust flanges fit a v6 same year I want to weld up my own turbo exhaust manifold but the only thing available are v8 flanges with aPort Size: 1.30" x 2.162" . Obviously I'd cut the extra flange off so will it fit or can I make it work if it's just a bit off?

• Sponsors (?)

Need a little more info on what flange you are referring to, but the bolt pattern for the manifold to the head is different. The V6 flange has the mounting bolts a bit more horizontal while the mod motor is almost vertical. Even if you cut off the extra cylinder, you would need to weld up and then redrill the bolt holes in the proper spot.

Would almost be easier to draw up a DXF cad model of the pattern you need and send it out to get laser cut from 1/4" steel and then weld to that.

Need a little more info on what flange you are referring to, but the bolt pattern for the manifold to the head is different. The V6 flange has the mounting bolts a bit more horizontal while the mod motor is almost vertical. Even if you cut off the extra cylinder, you would need to weld up and then redrill the bolt holes in the proper spot.

Would almost be easier to draw up a DXF cad model of the pattern you need and send it out to get laser cut from 1/4" steel and then weld to that.
http://www.mandrelbends.com/flanges...r-4-6l-sohc-header-flange-3-8-mild-steel.html
That's the link to the flanges so fill in the holes then re drill? Or just make a flange from scratch?

Easiest way to see...

Go to local parts store and buy exhaust manifold gaskets for each. Then you can compare and check spacing and come to s conclusion.

Then just return when done

Easiest way to see...

Go to local parts store and buy exhaust manifold gaskets for each. Then you can compare and check spacing and come to s conclusion.

Then just return when done
There has been some interesting revelations the gt gasket (on top) the v6 at the bottom it sure looks like I can get away with using the gt flanges for my v6 manifold

Attachments

• 20180203_130921.jpg
    20180203_130921.jpg
    585.7 KB · Views: 297