Wilwood Big Brakes?

• Sponsors (?)

willwoods are awesome brakes, and usually a tad cheaper than the other brands....however when i was looking for a set for my s197 they were pretty expensive.....but every other car they seem to be a lot cheaper...hmm

wilwood's are a brand that i see often on track cars. Better then brembo for response imho, and definatly a brand that i switch both my stang and sti too if i had the cash and priorities to do all 4 corners.

I'm very happy with my Brembo's but if I won the lotto next week I'd plop down the visa card and order a set of AP Racing brakes. From what I've heard, their 6 piston front/ 4 piston rear setup will make your nose bleed. Of course, if you haven't won the lotto, they'll make your wallet bleed. It's an option if you're looking to spend an extreme amount of money.

Here's a link to the rear setup. The front options are at the bottom of the page. It's over six grand to do both ends of the car though.
http://www.ninosport.com/AP-Racing-4-Piston-Rear-Brake-Kit-Black-2005-Mustang-GT-GT500-AP4150

I have been extremely happy with my Wilwood front and rear brake setup and highly recommend them. The car stops on a dime and the brakes work great with the stock ABS system.

Earl

I have Wilwood 6 piston calipers on my big Marauder and they are absolutely fantastic. If I ever get around to putting a big brake kit on my GT it'll be Wilwoods for sure. They make really well engineered gear.