I thought about it, but it can’t see me using it enough. I barely drive the car. Plus I like the look of my console. You guys that bought them need to post pics after they’re painted and installed. Curious to see how they look in your cars.

• Sponsors (?)

Pretty much all my cruising is Sat/sun AM to local coffee shop and back. I've been using the e brake to hold my coffee on the ride back, but it also means I have to drive extra careful.

So this would actually help me out. Also, the ashtray is useless and obsolete.

So...here's the before lol
IMG_8301.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
When they come back they'll be 199.99....prices go up with supply and demand.

Guess i was too late to jump in. Maybe the next batch will be in red, black, and gray.

Pretty much all my cruising is Sat/sun AM to local coffee shop and back. I've been using the e brake to hold my coffee on the ride back, but it also means I have to drive extra careful.

So this would actually help me out. Also, the ashtray is useless and obsolete.

So...here's the before lol
IMG_8301.JPG

Did you already buy an SN cup holder insert? If so, Id be willing to take it off your hands to use with my factory console.

I was going to buy one as well, but missed out. I am curious if they gray will match my factory plastics or be off enough to annoy me. I dont want to repaint everything just for cup holders.

With three gray interior colors, it's possible it matches one of them..or none of them. I have a gray panel from a 1990-1992, so I can at least compare those two shades. I wish they molded it in black though.

Mine is on the truck and due on Thursday. I'll probably do a test install as soon as I get it to how well it fits and impressions on shifting with a cup in it. Post some pics, all that fun stuff.

Then i'll spend the time to paint it up, install my leather parking brake boot and final install.

I'm trying to find a good hard-wired USB setup, but all the ones I see have had bad reviews or catch fire.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure I can afford that fanciness. You may want to complete the project and sell that puppy on EBay

Depends on how much time I find myself with in the upcoming few months. Spring is almost here afterall, and that means getting back outdoors. I already have my project for this weekend thanks to the local plow guy coming 2 feet too far onto my property when plowing the street and scalping about 2' by 150 feet of grass off my front lawn. :crap:

B1510ECC-F4A9-4414-8170-6902CACECD4D.jpeg

This is what I did. My ash tray door broke and I wanted to fix it. Problem was it didn’t break at normal spot where repair kit could help. So I ordered a new console in smoke gray which is supposed to be correct for 87-89. Mine is an 87. So I get it and the color doesn’t match. Not off by a ton, but enough to bug the s**t out of me. And paint isn’t a perfect match either. So I found a company called Scott Rad Fabrications. I sent them my original console, which was in perfect condition except for the now broken ash tray door. They cut out the entire ash tray section and prepare it for the custom cup holder assembly to be dropped in. Then they send the whole thing back to you all prepped and ready to go. They send it with rivets to secure it, but I went to hardware store and got some small black hex head screws and nuts to fasten it so if ever need be I can get it out. Only thing I had to do was drill a hole as you can see in between the two cup holders to pop in and secure factory cigarette lighter. Fit perfect there and I think it looks pretty good.

Reactions: 1 users