I used almost 2 cans, wasn't happy with the results, ordered 2 more rescuffed and went at it again with some heavy coats. If you see the paint drying before your finished it will look chalky. Mine came out ok but the color does not match. It has a brown in it that's not in the original color. The original Scarlet Red interior pieces are bright friggen red. As for my method, I don't know jack about painting so I just sprayed it until it was even and shiny. Here is the final result.

35323F41-19A7-4173-AF63-018FC48044C5.jpeg
I mean yours looks pretty close way better than mine. Still pending to hear from lmr they said they were getting in touch with their vendor to verify the batch and will get back with me today. If they resend some cans I’ll just respray and see what happens if not then I’ll try the Napa red. This guys turned out pretty good as well, @Mustang5L5 swnt me this one.

View: https://youtu.be/Z5ie1RT_APs

• Sponsors (?)

Alright guys so update from lmr is they took the batch I was sent to their vendor they use and they tested it etc. The vendor decided to mix a new batch for them and I’ll be getting two cans shipped out Monday. Hope these work!!

I haven’t even received a reply from LMR about mine. Which is really odd, usually they answer within a day or so.
I usually call and chat with them, they send me an email while on the phone. I sent pics and what I did to prep and how many coats. They made it happen pretty quick, as well as the tail pipes I ordered not to long ago that were a little banged up. They sent me a new set, told me to leave the old damaged box and pipes outside the door and ups would pick up the bad set. They never picked up after a week of staying outside I declared them mine. Idk what to do with said extra set of tail pipes

Ok so last night I lightly re scuffed both pieces, and went with 1st light coat on both, let it dry for about 10/15 min. Gave another coat, let it sit eh for about an hour and have it one more coat to each before I went to bed. The cans sprayed better and the mixture while spraying looked better. Woke up this morning and I wasn’t excited. I sprayed another coat #4 now, worked out for about 45 minutes, came in and sprayed one more light coat to each and that was the end of can one. No pics yet I’ll post some when I get home before I start with can 2.

Can two? I'm just boggled by that concept.

I think I did 3 coats on can 1 and called it a day. I'm shocked you need that much coverage. Does it go on thin?

I mean, maybe black is just an easier color to dye? That could be it perhaps.

Can two? I'm just boggled by that concept.

I think I did 3 coats on can 1 and called it a day. I'm shocked you need that much coverage. Does it go on thin?

I mean, maybe black is just an easier color to dye? That could be it perhaps.
Yeah I have no idea you would think it would be no problem. Maybe the red is just harder idk. I watch another video of a guy that did red and he cleaned it all with alcohol and what looks like one or two cans of spray. Maybe I’m spraying to close or to far.

View: https://youtu.be/-d_6s6oBgEU

Alright so here it is like I said I scuffed them and wiped them off with a damp rag, wiped them with some clean OR lap cloths, and then let them air dry, this after one can. It’s better than before but you can see the flaws or imperfections, or blushing I think as @Davedacarpainter said idk much about painting so idk how to fix that. But again it’s better than previous but I’m still not like oh that’s perfect.
0BF48FBF-9F1F-48C7-985F-1984F29EFF6F.jpeg
591CC9F9-AB66-4127-A324-154C8F5AF635.jpeg
CD0EFD3F-6F76-4277-9B51-D5A19FA263C6.jpeg
5F838E4D-5908-4E5A-88E0-2ED736A59701.jpeg
5DAD0574-CD3F-4E7C-8111-AA4607B6D6E8.jpeg

Are you spraying until you see a good layer build up, or light thin coats?

I'd go hit and run and just do a quick fly by coat and then walk away. Let it dry and do it again. Its always tempting to spray until coated but you really can't do that

Are you spraying until you see a good layer build up, or light thin coats?

I'd go hit and run and just do a quick fly by coat and then walk away. Let it dry and do it again. Its always tempting to spray until coated but you really can't do that
Ok so at first I sprayed light just to get coverage and let it dry. Then I went back over it and I guess maybe I may have got a little heavy bc of course when it sprays and it’s wet and looks perfect in my head I did it right but then it drys and im stuck with what I have.