Work horror stories

:lol:

Yeh that was a funny one, because I was told that it was going to happen but my supervisor (aka stupidvisor) said to keep working.....oh well, it's not my truck..:nice:

I used to work for Allied Wate. It was a trash disposal company that's nationwide.

September of 05, it was raining for a few days and the ground was soft. Too soft for any type of truck that has to lift the rear to be able to dump, climb to the top of the dump.

It was late in the day and I was coming in for the last dump. I had a 30 yard roll-off dumpster on my truck. When I got to the dump, The guy said that it was too dangerous to go up. Trucks were sliding to close to the edge of the road and 3 tractor trailers were stuck on top. So I called my boss and told him. Mr. smart-a$$ wanted the truck empty for an aerly delivery. Since we owned the dump, he had the last say.

I had to get pushed to the top by a huge loader. At the top, I started to lift the rear to dump. When it's fully extended, You have to drive forward so the trash slides out. Well, When I did that I hit a soft spot and the truck tipped on to the pass side. There was a co-worker sitting there in a ranger in case I needed help. My truck landed ontop of his and since I didn't have my seatbelt on, I went flying out the pass window. His ranger was the only thing that was keeping my truck up a bit.

He had some cuts and I was just glad that the ranger held all that wieght.

how your boss react when he heard the news?

• Sponsors (?)

how your boss react when he heard the news?

Like a guy that was going to lose his job for being the cause of a totaled brand new 2005 international roll-off truck, a 2003 ford ranger, and endagering the lives of employee's. He must tickeled someone's b@lls right, because he only got suspended for 3 weeks and he was able to use his vacation to get paid for the time.:nonono:

I work for a big RV dealership (technician) and one of the guys was removing the gauge for a 20gallon LP tank. There are 4 screws that hold the gauge on, and he took the 2 screws out that mount the sending unit to the tank, the seal ruptured, the tank made a huge bang and liquid LP started spewing out. Now this is a dealership with 50 bays and most RV's have open flames all the time (gas refrigerator and water heater).

After the bang, (i was resealing the roof of a coach) I saw one of the techs running for his life out into the parking lot, then I smelled LP and slid down the ladder and started running myself. I can't believe that whole building didn't blow up. Every RV has a LP tank; that would have been catastrophic.

Another time a guy was trying to fix the dump valve on a sewage tank. Suddenly the valve burst open and feces started pouring on his face. He had to go to the hospital and have his eyes flushed out. Lucky he didn't get a disease from that episode.

A guy was getting onto the roof of a coach using it's ladder and just at the top, the mounting screws ripped out of the sidewall and he flew off and landed right onto the concrete. He broke his arm and was bleeding from his skull. Afterwards, we took some white markers and painted a "chalk outline" where he fell in his bay. He didn't find it as funny as we did.

There are endless more stories but I think I will end it here for now.
Scott

When I was roofing we would always have to fill up 2 50 gallon propane tanks every morning for the tar pot. Some idiot decided he was going to smoke a cigg while doing it. Next thing I know there is a small flash and I look at the hose coming from the BIG tank and there was apparently a little pin hole in the hose. It looked like a small flame thrower. I ran, and the idiot smoking hurried up and cut it off.

He wasnt an employee for much longer.

hehe once we rip the roof off and have to walk on the beams cause wood was rotten , one drunk guy was walking and he had 2 2x8 on his shoulder and step't on bad wood , he fell in one leg and 2x8's crush't him , when I look at him he scream't and had no teeth which looks like turtle with open mouth

Oh wow, I have alot of stories, I'll touch on a few

Gravity Nightclub, Sometime between 2001-2003 - I had a pooltable tipped on my thumb while trying to "settle" a dispute between bar patrons. (Read: I ended up screaming like a girl during a brawl)

I watched a guy's face get torn off when a split rim exploded on him. He wasn't using any safety equipment and the rim was out of the safety rack

My first day selling cars (I used to sell cars as well), I made 1000 dollars cash because I sold a simple Chevy Cavalier. Each week, the management would select 5 cars and make them thousand dollar hits....the salesman don't know which ones they are, I just got lucky

I have had sex in 3 different types of Canadian military vehicles.

I have had sex with myself in 1. (Read: Rubbed one out)

I proposed to my ex fiance 10 minutes after I was punched in the face during another bar "incident"

That's all I can think of for now