• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Would this be possible?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dusstbuster
  • Start date Start date Sep 26, 2006

Dusstbuster

I love meat more than anything! I just have a spec
May 31, 2004
1,462
33
64
Moorhead, Minnesota
Sep 26, 2006
#1
  • Sep 26, 2006
  • #1
I'm sure this has probably been posted before, or something similar, but I have yet to find it. Would a setup like this be possible? I'm not talking economical/affordable, but like...if you had the room on your car and the $100,000 burning a hole in your pocket that you just HAD to burn somehow, would a setup like this work?? (yes i'm very bored at work right now)


 

Attachments

  • WorkableSetup.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 159

speedfreak98r

Banned
Jan 31, 2006
0
0
0
Houston Area
Sep 26, 2006
#2
  • Sep 26, 2006
  • #2
AAAAAHhhahahhahahhhh.. ...Sorry..I just love the drawing..Yes, I belive it would..I think VW makes a turbo/supercharged car.
 

Dusstbuster

I love meat more than anything! I just have a spec
May 31, 2004
1,462
33
64
Moorhead, Minnesota
Sep 26, 2006
#3
  • Sep 26, 2006
  • #3
fear my photoshop skillz
 

CobraRed_96_GT

Active Member
May 20, 2006
1,421
4
39
UCSD/La Jolla
Sep 26, 2006
#4
  • Sep 26, 2006
  • #4
So the turbos are driving the air though the intercooler which cools the supercharger? Hmm talk about boost lag that's some serious backpressure. I've seen staggered inboard 496 motors on a 42 foot boat with a simalr design. Works better with direct drive tho cuz no shifting and crazy boost lag on top of breaking your neck when it kicks back on.
 

CRZYHRSGT

New Member
Feb 14, 2004
240
0
0
5.7 miles north of THE Ohio State University
Sep 26, 2006
#5
  • Sep 26, 2006
  • #5
speedfreak98r said:
AAAAAHhhahahhahahhhh.. ...Sorry..I just love the drawing..Yes, I belive it would..I think VW makes a turbo/supercharged car.
Click to expand...

Yep...they're planning on bringing it over here next year (as if they don't already have enough problems ).
 

03ghoststang

Well-Known Member
Jul 16, 2005
1,930
1
57
Los Angeles, California
Sep 26, 2006
#6
  • Sep 26, 2006
  • #6
it is possible but the KB would only have to be used in the low rpms until the turbos begin to make boost. The pulley would have be a clutch type pulley kinda like teh A/C but it would be ran by the ECU and be engaged and disengaged electronicly
 

merc123

Active Member
Jan 27, 2003
420
2
39
North GA
Sep 26, 2006
#7
  • Sep 26, 2006
  • #7
Only if it says Type R on the KB. Make sure you get stainless steel belts otherwise they'll snap from all that mad boost.
 

DisposableHero

Member
Oct 4, 2004
71
0
6
Sep 27, 2006
#8
  • Sep 27, 2006
  • #8
overkill
 

mity2

I like Pro3 and all I got was this crappy CT.
Jul 24, 2003
2,872
3
48
StateCollege PA
Sep 27, 2006
#9
  • Sep 27, 2006
  • #9
Turbo supercharged has been done successfully in few cars. Most common(if you can call it that) is 1st gen MR2.
Get 4A-GZE, get vintage HKS turbo manihold from late 80's, strap turbo(most use turbo off of DSM. perfect size, and its cheap), upgrade fuel system.

Guess way it works is that it works like sequensial twin turbo. At low RPM, Twinrotor type OEM blower pushes air, then after 4000+RPM, turbo kicks in.

But thats because they have sucha small engine, when you have big enough engine, who cares? just built up ur engine, crank up the PSI. much cheaper, less complicated, and makes more power...
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

T
2002 V6 3.8L Help Me
  • TheIncompetentMechanic
  • Apr 4, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
50
Views
1K
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 12, 2026
TheIncompetentMechanic
T
L
SN95 Interior / Exterior Color Combinations - were some not possible?
  • lparsons42
  • Aug 29, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
580
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2025
Mustang5L5
Engine Suggestions on an engine rebuild. Stock cam/GT40Ps or aftermarket on both for a fun weekend driver?
  • MadSquirrelTech
  • Apr 28, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 7, 2026
MadSquirrelTech
S
Car shakes when taking off help???
  • STANKYstangs
  • May 10, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
444
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 27, 2026
LILCBRA
J
Help Figuring Motor Choice(Possible future turbo)?
  • jaygee15
  • Dec 14, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
13
Views
814
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 3, 2026
Jarhead67
J
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?