Would you rather see a '67 restomoded into a Shelby or an Eleanor?

Would you rather see a '67-'68 fastback made into a Shelby clone or an Eleanore?

• Total voters

DarkBuddha

Founding Member
Dec 11, 2001
Seattle & Tampa
Ok, first, I want it noted that I posted this in its correct place, the talk side, out of respect to the tech side of this forum.

So there have been a bunch of Eleanore threads, including poll, so I thought I'd post one that begs the question: Which whould folks really rather have, a Shelby clone or an Eleanor clone?

So register your vote, then rant your reason(s), then lets kill this entire Eleanor thing for while. ;)

• Sponsors (?)

65stanger said:
WTF are you talking about?:scratch:
I think he's talking about the thread Hopkinator ran on the tech side about converting a real Shelby into an Eleanor. But hey, 70stangcoupe, lets remember that the Hopkinator knew what he was getting into, and he did litterally ask for it...

The Hopkinator said:
... Anyway , I know Ive butted heads with a few people over Eleanor in the past, and I apologize for that,but it takes 2 to tango ..... A penny for your thoughts ....

:shrug:

Imust say that the real Eleanor is NOT a 67 Shelby. It's a 73 Mach 1 Q code. Just ask electricgreen. as to 67 mods: BE CREATIVE and true to yourself.

and here's your penny back.

edit: I elected the last one. I'm tired of people calling the 67 Cage fastback "Eleanor". It didn't earn it. Chase was too short.

I picked "leavethe poor fastback alone" only because the answer I would like to have picked is not available. Assume lots of money left to play with after the chassis/brakes are done.

Givens: It would end up being restomodded.
While I like FE's, I think a Windsor would be a better "fit".
I'm not afraid of electronics, and I think re-jetting carbs every 1000' change in altitude is a pain!

With the two givens, I'm thinking a 393W with 5.0 MAF EFI. A Shelby style hood would give more clearance for the TFS intake, without the look of cowl induction which I don't like or that even more butt-fugly hideous Eleanor "power bump" (swear to God, I saw that term being used to describe the hood somewhere).

So, I thinking the 67 Shelby style hood (and maybe the 10 spokes :nice: ) on an otherwise nice looking FB (or coupe :nice: ).

Still Dreamin'

StangDreamin' said:
I picked "leavethe poor fastback alone" only because the answer I would like to have picked is not available.

Yeah, I was careful to limit the options of the poll to give this poll a subtle twist... I really wanted folks to make a decision between #1 a Shelby, #2 an Eleanor, #3 a stock fastback, or #4 "get over it all and do your own thing already", without getting bogged down in the "real" vs fake vs. converted vs. restomod, etc...