• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-

Would you trade a '67 Mustang vert for...

  • Thread starter Thread starter DosStangs
  • Start date Start date Jan 12, 2010
D

DosStangs

New Member
Jun 4, 2007
12
0
0
Jan 12, 2010
#1
  • Jan 12, 2010
  • #1
Would you trade a '67 Mustang vert (c-code, but not numbers matching) for a:

a) '70 Torino Cobra 429 Thunder Jet (N-code)
b) '03-04 Mach 1
c) Nothing...keep the 'vert
 
B

Blue Oval Man

Member
Aug 8, 2004
125
0
16
Shaunavon, Saskatchewan
Jan 12, 2010
#2
  • Jan 12, 2010
  • #2
Definately A if it is in good shape, preferably a 4 speed car. I already have a 03 Mach 1.
David.
 

JonK

Member
Jun 6, 2007
276
0
16
Nashville (Smyrna), TN
Jan 12, 2010
#3
  • Jan 12, 2010
  • #3
That's a tough one and would depend on how much I use the conv. and how well optioned the Torino is. The ThunderJet is the base model 429 @360HP, then there's the CJ@370 and SCJ@375, I wouldn't want to have to fill any of them with gas on a regular basis. Both would get attention at a cruise in or show.
Personally I'd probably stick with the conv. for fun sake. There are 3 429's on fleabay now for 7K-14K, what's your '67 worth?
b) to me are too common and I don't see people stopping to look at one in the supermarket parking lot, the other two will attract gearheads where ever you park. I'm drawn to anything <'72 when I'm in parking lots.
Jon
 

tx65coupe

Active Member
Nov 29, 1999
1,551
1
37
Jan 13, 2010
#4
  • Jan 13, 2010
  • #4
I would probably keep the 67 vert. The 70 Torino Cobra would be sweet though. The newer Mach1 Stangs are nice. I wouldn't mind having one for my daily driver.

Whats in nicer condition, your 67 or the 70? Do you have sentimental attatchment to you Mustang?
 
D

DosStangs

New Member
Jun 4, 2007
12
0
0
Jan 13, 2010
#5
  • Jan 13, 2010
  • #5
Actually one of the one's on ebay was the one I was thinking of:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0449715445&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Cosmetically, mine's better. Mechanically, the Torino is better. Although my motor is only 5 years old, I have a few pesky problems (one of which is posted over in the tech section).

What's my car worth...who knows. NADA low retail for a base c-code like mine is $20K. If I could find someone to pay $20K I'd sell in a heartbeat. Seems like driver condition cars are selling in the $12-15K range. How much does not having the original c-code motor hurt the price?

NADA books the Torino at $15K. Using that as a guide, my vert is worth more, I guess.

I have my car for 8 years, and before that it was my brother-in-law's, so yeah there is some sentimentality to it.
 

Wicked65

Member
Aug 10, 2003
490
3
19
NORCAL
Jan 19, 2010
#6
  • Jan 19, 2010
  • #6
d) 65 coupe

not mine, cause that will never be for sale.. but a 65 coupe with a 408 would be close and cool.
 

jcp123

New Member
Nov 1, 2003
408
0
0
Tyler, TX
Feb 3, 2010
#7
  • Feb 3, 2010
  • #7
Probably not, I love convertibles. The 429 makes it tempting, but I prefer just cruising around...as to the Mach, I don't care for modern cars. My '67 will probably still outlive the modern Machs.
 

rbohm

Founding Member
Apr 12, 2002
6,698
550
204
tucson,az
Feb 3, 2010
#8
  • Feb 3, 2010
  • #8
DosStangs said:
Would you trade a '67 Mustang vert (c-code, but not numbers matching) for a:

a) '70 Torino Cobra 429 Thunder Jet (N-code)
b) '03-04 Mach 1
c) Nothing...keep the 'vert
Click to expand...

that really depends on whether or not the mustang is a daily driver. if so then my choice would be C. however if the vert is a back up driver or a weekend cruiser, then i would go with A, as i am not a convertible type of person, and the 03 stangs dont do much for me.
 
6

68RCodeConv

New Member
Oct 2, 2003
345
0
0
Houston, TX
Feb 4, 2010
#9
  • Feb 4, 2010
  • #9
If you can only have one car then have a convertible.

IMO it is better to have a vert cruiser as opposed to a hardtop muscle car.
 
S

shelby69

New Member
Mar 19, 2002
100
0
0
allentown
Feb 4, 2010
#10
  • Feb 4, 2010
  • #10
If you have the means I'd go with 'C'. However, having a newer stang, like a Mach 1, is a lot of reliable fun too
 

70vert

New Member
Dec 31, 2004
722
0
0
Bay Area, CA
Feb 9, 2010
#11
  • Feb 9, 2010
  • #11
I thought the Torino Cobras were starting to get $$

at auctions, ebay, etc. Yep, I see them at $30-40k on eBay. Trade for the Torino and you could sell it and buy two decent convertibles.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
395
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
L
For Sale 1966 GT Fastback
  • lwg8tr0514
  • Apr 29, 2025
  • Classic Mustangs For Sale
Replies
0
Views
1K
Classic Mustangs For Sale Apr 29, 2025
lwg8tr0514
L
SURGING IDLE / NO IDLE CHECKLIST FOR 1999–2004 MUSTANG GT (4.6L 2V) - Work In Progress
  • Noobz347
  • Aug 30, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
1K
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2025
Noobz347
J
For Sale 94 Cobra 68K Miles
  • JP44
  • Apr 5, 2025
  • SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04)
Replies
0
Views
562
SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04) Apr 5, 2025
JP44
J
SURGING IDLE / NO IDLE CHECKLIST FOR 1996–1998 MUSTANG GT (4.6L 2V) - Work In Progress
  • Noobz347
  • Aug 30, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
912
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2025
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?