Wrecked 93 Cobra Insurance screwed me

Heh as the title says I will get pictures up later I am just upset with insurnce and the idiot driving infront of me. His kid dropped a toy out the window and slammed on his breaks around a turn and there was on coming traffic, reguardless I crashed I realize by the law I should of be going slower and maintain control of my car. But, that is fine I have full coverage. So I wasn't worried. But now insurance doesnt wanna fix my Cobra because on my policy it says 1993 Mustang and it has the vin also. They're saying I didn't have teh apportate unsurnce for the car and they're only willing to give me 80% of the price on the bluebook vaule.... which is 2700 and they want to keep it.. I opt'd no thanks because the chassis and engine bay is in perfect shape.. All the damage was to my passangerside door side. Sorry if this seems whine, just frustrated at my insurance.

• Sponsors (?)

seems wierd, the titled car should be searched by the VIN, its a fault in the System they have created to track cars, not in your not describing the car right. You need to dig a bit, and even get a lawyer because if your car is in nice condition with low miles it should have a value of around 12-16k

If you want to total out the car..get a lawyer, otherwise it might be cheaper to fix this yourself.

After all said and done, get off the standard insurance policy and onto an "agreed value" insurance policy.

The easiest way to fight this issue is to compile a list of "comparables", cars like yours that are currently for sale or have recently sold. eBay completed auctions, current eBay auctions, traderonline.com and Craigslist are your best sources. Put the list together and send it to the adjuster. Mention the word "attorney" somewhere in the conversation and things should get done.

The easiest way to fight this issue it to compile a list of "comparables", cars like yours that are currently for sale or have recently sold. eBay completed auctions, current eBay auctions, traderonline.com and Craigslist are your best sources. Put the list together and send it to the adjuster. Mention the word "attorney" somewhere in the conversation and things should get done.

Thats the way to do it:D

When the noise of my fox got smashed I was offered a low amount and they wanted to keep the car
I asked the adjuster to leave before he had to limp out and told him I will see you in Court.
He said something about the book value I told him I didn't drive a book to the shows or cruise ins.
Someone from the insurance company called me in less than an hour and sent the adjuster back
out the next day and they gave what I said I wanted $2600 and I want to keep the car and don't want the title changed to an "R" title. They were very easy to deal with the second time.
I think it cost them more than that and causes them hassle when they got to go to Court over a small
amount. The company was the one with the talking lizard (don't know how to spell it)

nocarshow001.jpg

So you settled with the insurance company without so much as a repair estimate in hand???

May the force be with you my friend. I hope the repairs go well for you.

Pretty much ALL insurance companies will arrive to meet you with a check in hand. It's low-ball, it's always their FINAL offer :rolleyes: , and they want you to take it right now or they walk.

HORSE PUCKEY!!!!!!

So you know for the next time around (if that happens), the first three options given you by the insurance company are total BS!!! Thay want you to take that check because when you do.... THEN and ONLY THEN are they absolved of any future obligation.

Before you cash that check, I'd be looking at the suggestions of those listed above and ensure you get what the repairs will cost. You've just been strong armed by your ins. co.

In March 2008, a hit and run driver sideswiped the front of my 89 GT and totaled it. He tore off the driver's side front bumper, fog light mounting bracket, bent the fender and radiator support and tie rod. The insurance company totaled the car and gave me a check for it. At that point, the car became their property. I intended to buy it back ($200 or so) and repair it myself or have some shop do the body & paint. The insurance company said they would not insure the car, and I could only use it off road or for parts. That translated into not being able to get a valid license plate or renewal sticker for the car.

I bought the car back with a scrap/salvage title. In Florida where I was living at the time, that means the car is basically for parts only. I removed all the parts I thought I would use and had the wrecker carry the shell off for free. No wheels, no transmission, no rear axle, no electronics inside the car. All that was left in the car were the seats, a worn out 5.0 engine, the hatch and doors. The wrecker had to use an empty 20 gallon propane cylinder under the stripped shell to roll it up onto the wrecker bed. Every small thing of value was removed and stored away. The Tremec 3550, King Cobra clutch, and aluminum driveshaft has already found a home in the replacement 89 LX 5.0 hatch that I bought later in 2008.

If something were to ever happen to my car...thats what I would do. Wrecker is gonna get basically a shell only....if I don't sawzall it up for scrap steel.

Always said I'd do a factory 5 car and use the parts as a donor.

insurance companies are a total scam back in 1990 i did a saleen clone on a brand new 1990 lx with recaro heated seats,system ,wheels and so on.i was celebrating my aunts engagement at a nice restaurant on christmas eve only to have my car stolen.the car was 8 months old and had 11,000 miles and the insurance company totaled the car .the motor and trans were still in the car and i asked to put it back as a 5.0 lx since i didn't have the extra stuff insured. they refused and told me i paid too much for the car and that i had to cough up 800 bucks out of my own pocket to pay off the loan. mind you i bought this car on the A-plan since i work at ford motor company and couldn't believe what i was hearing .she basically told me to sue us .i needed another car and couldn't afford to make two car payments so i relented and gave them 800.00 bucks but not before i badmouthed them to anyone and everyone.state farm was the company that lost my business for life

I got burned by the Lizzard company many years ago, long before most people even knew who they were (Government Employees Insurance Co.). We had a 15 year good driver's rating and everything, but the front brakes on the '67 Coupe locked up with the wife one day on wet pavement and she skidded head on into a Cadillac. It smashed the front up pretty good but held it's own against the Caddy. I fixed our Mustang myself (and it's still around even today) hoping the insurance company would give us a break, but soon afterwards the Lizzard dropped us ! Forget the cutesy commercials, they are evil. I heard they (and other insurance companies) even hand out radar guns to towns for speed traps. Insurance companies are like lawyers, you can't live with them and you can't live without them.