Wtf Are These Things?

Reddevil91

15 Year Member
Mar 3, 2010
IMG_2749.JPG
IMG_2750.JPG
IMG_2753.JPG
IMG_2754.JPG
Ok guys I'm back, slowly but surely getting my thins in order to start up my build. Just got my intakes and valve covers back from being blasted and coated. On the pics with the red circles and arrows, what are these and can I pic up new ones say at advance, autozone etc? Think the black piping is a coolant something, but the sensors idk, that little filter thing and the one with the broken little pipe spicket I'm not sure either. Thanks everyone.

• Sponsors (?)

The big black tubes on the left are the coolant tubes. You can remove them and reuse them or find news online. The sensor on the right of the top pic is the air charge temperature sensor or MAT sensor. The big hole at the back of the intake is for the PCV. I can't remember if the thing at the right is a coolant temp sensor...there's on in the coolant tubes. I think 1 is for the gauge and 1 is for the ECU. All my Fox experiences are pre-86 so all carb.

The black pipes are coolant bypass pipes...the pipe sticking towards the front goes to the water pump, the two at the back go to the heater core. The little nipple is supposed to go to the egr spacer at the throttle body...the other side of the egr spacer goes to a little nipple on the black pipes pictured. The hole with the screen in it is for the PCV valve ( it will need a PCV grommet ). The white sensor is the intake air temperature sensor. There's a threaded hole on the bottom right of the first picture ( not circled )...that is the hole for the coolant temperature sender...it allows the dash to show engine temperatures. Either one of those square hole plugs ( not circled ) are perfect for after market temperature gauge senders. The one in the back is the best one for an aftermarket temp gauge. The front one is good for a fan temperature sensor ( if running electric fans ). Hope this info helps. Good luck.