WTF? Steeda Oil Cap comes out of valve cover!?!?

MyEarsHurt

May 21, 2004
Okay, finished the PI swap last month and I have about 500 miles on it so far. When I finished the swap I installed my ever-so-shiny $30 steeda oil cap. When I went to change the oil like 100 miles ago and when I went to undo the oil cap, it felt kinda loose, like it had already been unscrewed a little bit. Okay, no big deal right....well I get done with that oil change and screw the oil cap in tight, so I know its not gonna back out of the valve cover.

So here is the problem, tonight, Im driving down a side street and I hear a noise under the hood, like metal against metal, and loud. I pull over, and as soon as I do and look behind my car, my steeda oil cap is sitting there on the road. :notnice: I screwed it back in and drove home, but what would cause this, and has it happened to anyone else? If it happens again, I'm just gonna go back to the stock one (which looks like crap). Any suggestions...

• Sponsors (?)

Bump, happened again, it didnt back all the way out, but I went to clean under the hood today and it was loose, about to come right out of the valve cover. I went back to the stock one, but I have to say I am really disappointed in Steeda craftmanship here.... :notnice: I expected a $30.00 oil cap to function properly and look nice...o well, fair warning to all, steeda oil caps = :notnice:

This is very odd. Have you talked to someone at Steeda? I hear they have excellent Customer Service. Maybe it's a fluky situation and they'll send you a new one that works. :nice:

i'd call them up. I installed one of their bullitt gas caps and the small bolts that went around the outside rusted in like 2 weeks. I called and e-mailed pics and they mailed me some stainless steel replacements.