x plan cost for '07 gt?

acobra93

Founding Member
Oct 21, 1998
AZ
Haven't been around in a while, but I might be in the market for a new '07 GT. I can get x plan through my work, and wanted to know if anyone has bought one with the x plan and what the cost was (around). I will probably look at GT Premiums with basic features (5 spd, stock radio, etc)

Thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

There is also no destination charge with any Ford Plan.

This is not correct. You will pay the destination charge on X plan.

What you do not pay is any dealer paperwork charges, like conveyance fees. X plan rules specifically prohibit paperwork charges.

You should put in your request for an X plan PIN. With your PIN you will get a user log on to Ford's myplan web site. On that web site you will be able to view dealer inventory that will show MSRP and X plan for any car in stock.

Or you can just go to fordvehicles.com and see MSRP and Invoice for a Mustang that you configure (build). X plan is usually $100 - $200 above invoice price.

www.forddirect.com

Build your Stang, and take their invoice price * 0.996, then add $75 to the product. That is your X-Plan price.

Then you tack on Tax to that X-Plan Price, and finally take rebates off from that total.

Websites like Autos.msn.com and Edmunds do not take into account one of the advertising/commercial fees that is actually charged on all orders (something like $300-$400).

To sum it up, the Ford direct website's invoice price is by far the best value to use when calculating your X-Plan price. Do NOT go to MSN, Edmunds, or some site and argue with the Ford salesperson that XYZ website shows an invoice that is $300 less than what the dealership quoted you.

This is not correct. You will pay the destination charge on X plan.

What you do not pay is any dealer paperwork charges, like conveyance fees. X plan rules specifically prohibit paperwork charges.

You should put in your request for an X plan PIN. With your PIN you will get a user log on to Ford's myplan web site. On that web site you will be able to view dealer inventory that will show MSRP and X plan for any car in stock.

Or you can just go to fordvehicles.com and see MSRP and Invoice for a Mustang that you configure (build). X plan is usually $100 - $200 above invoice price.

k.. I guess the past 4 cars my family has bought from Ford just gave us GREAT DEALS, as they even stated there is no destination charge on any Ford plan. So yes.. this is correct. Thanks :rolleyes:

The past 4 vehicles we have factory ordered from Ford all have had the destination charges applied. There is nothing in the A/D/X/Z plan that states the destination charge is omitted when the plan is used. FWIW, the destination charge is already part of the invoice price that is calculated in the X-plan. It's not tacked on.

Here's how it goes:

blah blah
= Invoice Price

X-Plan price ([Invoice * 0.996] + $75)
+ Tax
- Rebates
= Final price

k.. I guess the past 4 cars my family has bought from Ford just gave us GREAT DEALS, as they even stated there is no destination charge on any Ford plan. So yes.. this is correct. Thanks :rolleyes:

You are major league confused.

Destination charge is included in X plan price, it is just not listed separately. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Show me the break down where it's included.... Show me "destination charge" on your invoice.... Show me please.

It's already included in the invoice price. My invoice is at home, or else I would post it but Forddirect.com shows the destination charge right under the base vehicle price. If you've ever actually ordered a car using the X-Plan, you'd know that the X-Plan price is the [Invoice * 0.996] + $75. The Invoice price that dealerships use is the same as the one you get on Forddirect.com, and this invoice price includes the destination charge. :SNSign:

ETA:

If you login to your X-Plan account, you can browse dealer inventory and see the "X-Plan Price" which includes the destination charge. I've spent a few hours in the past doing the break-down and found the formula that Ford provides (0.996 * invoice, + $75) comes quite close (within a few bux, due to the fuel charges). Destination is always included in the invoice price, and thus your X-Plan price includes the destination. AFAIK the only fees that the A/D/X/Z plan bypasses is the BS messenger fee and document fee (about $100 total) that you should never pay using any of these plans.

Why don't you show us your X-Plan invoice that doesn't include a destination charge?

It is better to buy straight out, no trade, when dealing on an x plan. Dealers will likely give you less for a trade on x plan because they are limited as to what profit they will make. They give you less on the trade and make the profit off your vehicle.