You opinion on what route i should take next??

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
OK i bought my mustang about 3 months ago....
Runs good but i always heard this noise i didnt think sounded normal. its not spark knock or anything i checked that stuff....

My dad told me not to worry blah Hi Po motors make more noises than you old 4 cyl car... I was like whatever.

Well sometime it would start tapping real bad and starts knocking hardcore. We found out its internal and not good.....

Well when i bought my car my plans were to build a motor for it and do gears and shift kit, stall etc. I bought a longblock from a 93 stang, i tore it down and now its sitting there. I could rebuild it but i am iffy about the hyper pistons and then the motor looks like it was ran w/o oil. there are wear marks on the rod bearings....

I've been taking car of my car so i decide to screw the motor and get gears, stall and shift kit. So recently i bought a whole new rear end, rebuilt and has pro5.0 390s and its a nice tight rearend.

I went racing yesterday, i ran a best of 16.7 I live in Ok so i dont think i am elevated...

Now i am pissed at my car, i hate it i regret getting the auto. I pretty much went for the first one i found....

As of right now i have
my mustang, runs good but has internal noise sometimes.
a disassembled longblock from a 93 5.0
a rebuild 8.8 rearend with 3.90s
and about 300$

what do you think i should do??
I was thinking sell my car, should get 3000$ or something, pay off my loan i have on it. about 800$

have about 2400-2500$ would be a little more that what i had when i bought my stang...

Maybe i could find a 5.0 5pd with a bad motor and rebuild it, so i know it wont F'ING knock on me and will run good. Then i could swap out rearends..

What would you do??
I dont want to spend money on my car if it knocks...

• Sponsors (?)

Foxfan88 said:
I cant tell how hot i am running, the guages dont work.
only factory ones that work are the speedo and battery.

i have an little mini tach, some idiot before me put a whole new harness on the car, a whole new ignition, on a STOCK motor

I've got harness connecters that arent connected, i dont know where they go...

And when we bought the car, a guy was trying to sell it for his son's friend....

The back tires were BALD when we got her, she must have been abused....
It doesnt have the factory tranny, must have blown by being abused.

The guy had to install a fusebox for the injectors, half of the motor wouldnt fire, like one header was cold and the other was hot....
ok read through your other post's, yeah you kinda got excited about having a 5.0 and just bought the first one, so you have to think about your finance situation and look at everything the car needs and do you want to do it?
you can always sell cut your loses and start with a 5.0 that needs less work, or stick it out and make this car into what you want.
either way keep us posted :nice:

I've been finding little things wrong for a while now.... My knowledge of cars has grown since i've had this car.... i dont have the time,money or expierence to fix this car....

I want to sell her, but i feel it will be hard with all the **** on it. New harness, messed up shift cable. I think there were lots of people before us that looked at it and didnt buy, this car was pretty far out of town. It might have had a rep for "having problems" where it came from and we bought it.....