young stallion 2006 gt seeks advice! 911

i have a 4.6 2006 mustang gt and its all stock. i have been talking with numerous people on how to begin to modify my car. i have herd different sides and quite literally i am confused really badly:nonono: i need help...i wish to turn my car into a fast stallion but do not want to blow the engine. many say to just slap on a blower and there it is but i think there is more to that..i take my mustang on drives through the mountains and i am in a car crew that many challenge me to race but i know they do it because i am all stock. fyi we all race on legal race tracks. i need desperate help on how to modify my car i have a list of research things i may want to buy and anyone check over it and see if its correct or not. remember i want a car that can haul ass but not fall off the mountain as well.

list;
1)headers and exhaust in general
2) whipple supercharger kit
3)roush six piston kit (brakes)
4) wheel replicas series 461
5)nitto tires nt05r
6)maximum motorsports maximum grip box

please help me i am extremely confused and i herd i have to build up my engine before getting a blower.. so any advice is really appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

Bang for the buck!

You will get a lot of advice and here is my .02 worth. Keep in mind that I have looked at the options and this is from my experience.

1) Get a set of 3.73 or 4.10 gears. $650 installed.

2) Short throw shifter. $300, this is a do it yourself job.

3) You must get a suspension kit if you are road racing your car. You should be able to get a good kit for $1200. Lower control arms with relocation brackets will also help ($500).

4) Get some good tires. I would stay away from the 20” rims if you want good overall performance. They are a pain and this is one thing I plan on changing when I put my car into race trim. The 20” look real nice though.

5) All you need to do for the motor is get the Vortech V3 non cooled kit with temp relocation and delete plates. This will be less than $4000.00 and you will not have to worry about the motor at all. It is not too hard to install yourself if you take your time.

6) Upgrade those brakes. New pads will help but you can get a big brake kit for $1200 shipped.

7) Enjoy your improved ride.

8) I would not waste any money on the exhaust. If you do anything, axle backs are all you need. I like my SLP loudmouths.

I agree with bynumj, except for the nonintercooled v-3 kit. Boost builds heat, and that is your enemy with the internals (especially when stock internals are at play). He likely has low boost setup which is probably pretty safe. But it is always safer to run intercooled even if not maxing on boost. And BTW dont race in mountains thats just insane. A maximum motorsports rollbar with weld in subframe connectors may be a good investment for you.

I agree with the above...boost is the way to go, but boost without a cooler is a sure way to go into detonation and detonation ain't pretty...on anything, but especially stock bottom ends.

T@IP

i agree totally with bynumj except for the blower but im a bit biased due to being a poor mustang owner when i was younger... i like the spray! but def. dont get 20's tires are to expensive and in my opinion the handling went south after i got rid of the ultra lights i will be replacing mine with a set of 18's again when the economy picks up!:flag: just my 2 cents..

oh and ps for the cold air kit spend the $ and get the c&l street or race kit

For basic mods to start out with, intake + tune is pretty good and cheap power.

I got the airrad intake and a 93 tune and I dynoed 291 rwhp/ 310 torque... most bang for buck in my opinion.. then headers and save for a vortech!

For basic mods to start out with, intake + tune is pretty good and cheap power.

I got the airrad intake and a 93 tune and I dynoed 291 rwhp/ 310 torque... most bang for buck in my opinion.. then headers and save for a vortech!

Couldnt agree more, My GT was completely stock 3 weeks ago, was pretty quick stock, then I added the SCT/Bama (Chris Rose) 93 Race tune and a C&L Racer CAI and the car is a total beast now, the Magnapaks I have now just make the car sound like the beast it is :D

timintex is 100% correct, tune and CAI, BEST bang for your buck there!!

Best of luck!