03 GT...Need new seat covers, but Katskinz Refuses to create pattern... now what?

Tinkerbell_too

Sep 7, 2006
Georgia
We have a 2003 GT with 112,000 miles. Its becoming a show car and the wear is not bad, but we really could use leather seat cover replacements in custom colors to take it to the next level.

My first thought, as was every local upholstery shop, Katzkin... Well that's all well and good, but Katzkin never made a pattern for a 2003 leather factory equip GT. On the site it leads you to believe they do, but it says for fabric seats only in the small print...

So I called the regional manager for our area. He stated they never made and never will make a seat cover for an 2003 GT, as they came from the factory with leather, so the demand was low. They are only interested in new models now. I said there are a lot of people showing these cars that are interested. Is there a person I can write or call to express interest and see what can be done. He said no one and not to waste me time with this.

So I called back the 2 local upholstery shops and let them know. They were blown away by his comments. They have been working since Tuesday to come up with another company that has possible filled this void, but has had no luck. I really need someone who makes the covers as a pattern, as a one off design is about $1000.00 more...

Any suggestions or ideas? Hope I posted this in the right place! Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I know your feelings, my car is pretty much exactly where I want it, beside from a blower or turbo, other than replacing the stock seats with some Corbeau's.

But, I have a friend who is getting rid of his black cloth A4's to convert his tan S2000 interior to black, and he wants to keep the stock black leather S2K seats from the wrecked car he bought them from. I just ordered my seat brackets and will most definitely be posting pictures when the seats are swapped!

I was hoping to avoid the added cost of new front seats, as this will mean having them custom recovered, as well as custom recovering the back seat to match. I was quoted one off custom recovering at around $2,400 vs. the Katzkin price for a patterned seat cover installed for $1,350. The new seats would bump my budget an additional $500-1000.

But, yes, I hate how the factory seats feel. I had neck surgery in 2005, and it just about kills me to have to go any significant distance in the Mustang.

Does anyone know of anyone who sells race buckets that come in a charcoal/gray that match the existing interior color?

I was hoping to avoid the added cost of new front seats, as this will mean having them custom recovered, as well as custom recovering the back seat to match. I was quoted one off custom recovering at around $2,400 vs. the Katzkin price for a patterned seat cover installed for $1,350. The new seats would bump my budget an additional $500-1000.

But, yes, I hate how the factory seats feel. I had neck surgery in 2005, and it just about kills me to have to go any significant distance in the Mustang.

Does anyone know of anyone who sells race buckets that come in a charcoal/gray that match the existing interior color?

check out Cobra seats. subesports.com. i have a black leather Cobra Daytona for an office chair. they can make the chairs in any color you want.

We checked with Late Model Restoration. In case anyone else wonders what options there are. They said they can cover Cobra, Mach 1, and GT seats regardless of whether or not they are factory leather. The can do custom embroidery (with in reason) and Custom color combinations,. We are have swatches sent out. Now to decide if we are going to bump to different seats or not. Guess we need a set of Cobra or Mach 1s to fall in our seats for nada... LOL