04 after some wheel hop made "Blam Noise"

OregonMustang

May 18, 2004
Newberg,OR
Ok I had pee pee scared out of me. I was launching on an audi when my car got in some ruts and started wheel hopping a bit...I was in first and hammered her pretty good. I felt this fierce "Bang" in the rear end....I immediately got it in neutral and coasted to the side of the road...engaged the clucth and tried to grab 2nd ..it was there....limped forward expecting the worse....

And nothing....

I pulled over looked under the car...no oil nothing...
Did a visual on the diferential cover nothing....

Could I have been so parinoid that I was thinking rear end and it was actually the fuel cut out? ROFLAMO ...I mean I hit that ever once in a while...but it does not normally make me think I blew my rear end out.

I have been putting a towl on the floor under my car nothing....it shifts fine...nothing.

Can the axle flex so much that it would jump a spline?

:D

• Sponsors (?)

Holy crap batman. Could've just been a combination of suspension noise and a rapid take up of any gear slop. Just guessing, but if you're not noticing any peculiar sensations / sounds now,..then..?? I'd put it on a lift myself and run it through the gears with someone able to get a closer listen to the tranny and rear end. Easier to inspect the suspension with it up as well. I'm curious what you find. I'm trying to anticipate what will break first when I'm launching my own.

BlkOnBlk04Cobra said:
Holy crap batman. Could've just been a combination of suspension noise and a rapid take up of any gear slop. Just guessing, but if you're not noticing any peculiar sensations / sounds now,..then..?? I'd put it on a lift myself and run it through the gears with someone able to get a closer listen to the tranny and rear end. Easier to inspect the suspension with it up as well. I'm curious what you find. I'm trying to anticipate what will break first when I'm launching my own.

How many miles you got on that puppy ...I have a daily commuter and she suffers for it...nearly 9k on her now. But I drive to and from work with a smile from ear to ear...and well...we shall be parting and going our separate ways in late 06 anyhow...when the GT500 comes out. hehehehe

I'm about to replace my tranny fluid with Royal Purple....

Sharkster said:
Exact same thing when I hit my rev limiter. Sound wise with the hop.

So did it make you piss your pants or what? I mean I have hit the rev limiter before but it did not sound so fierce. *shrugs* tis probably what it was....

LOL

If I get a tune I'm going to have to a little more catious of hte revs...as I believe the rev limiter is set higer or taken away....on my 99 GT that's what happened.

OregonMustang said:
I typically run without the TC on during dry days....so I don't think it was the TC. But Rev or what I thought was a fuel cuttoff is more inlines with what I thought it was.

:flag:

Depending on the situation having the TC or the rev limiter kick in unexpectedly can cause a VIOLENT and unexpected reaction in the drivetrain!

U.M.