04 Cobra 520lb tq , 510hp = stock clutch destruction...need new one what kind is best

• Sponsors (?)

I don't believe I was patting myself on the back. I was refering him to someone who has had a good practical experiance in the matter. Bill bought the clutch from Blue Oval Performance and Ford installed it. I had nothing to do with that aspect of his car. While he has not run the nitrous tune on the street ( not sure why one would need to do that ) he has run the blower tune on the street and track without failure. I believe that to be more than the 600 hp capability that Oregon Mustang was looking for.

P.S. You and Bill do not have the same clutch by the way. But it is a SPEC :nice:

I was just correcting you on the 702 dyno # as you were misleading others that he was running that HP all the time on his SPEC 3/AFP/BOP/FORD/secret special setup.:rlaugh: Yeah....why would anyone need to run nitrous on the street!!!! Ha ha...your funny.

P.S. Don't you have some diapers to change.:nice:

Go SPEC Stage III + (PLUS NOT JUST REGULAR STAGE 3), I love it.

My Centerforce DFX gave out on me VERY early with the Whipple @ 20psi.

I never got around to blowing out my stock clutch, replaced it too early with the Whipple along with the 26 spline input shaft and all of that.

Personaly I am not a fan of the spec clutches, but If you do get a Spec and drive regularly on the street, don't get a stg 3, they are a puck type clutch, and while I do like the on/off feeeling, you will not get many miles on it before it wears out. Get a 3+.