'05 Mustand test drive.

Stangston said:
:bs:

I will say that I'm disappointed that I'm not seeing any "WOW....this car is WAY better than last generation!" comments.

The way to do that would be to have a 2004 Mustang GT as one of the comparison cars. But the 05 Stang won't be competing with the 04 on showroom floors, so it sounds like these focus groups are to get the general public's opinions on the 05 Stang verses other sporty cars.

Although he did say the following:

Handling was good, and I think the new rear suspension will be a big plus, as it exhibited none of the "jumpy" live rear axle of today. Ride was very good also, stiff but not punishing...

Sounds positive to me. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

dahun said:
Braking was good, the rotors were about the same size as before.

I would have hoped that the brakes would have been a lot better :shrug: :

Brakes....1999-2004............2005
Front......10.87x1.04..........12.44x1.18
Rear.......10.51xSolid..........11.81x.75

But I would imaging that the bigger brakes on the 05 will show their speriority when you are doing repetitive hard braking, less fade.

Any body can test drive the 05 at the Ford Innovation racing drive on August
the 19, its in motor city, go to ford.com and click on Ford racing its on the ford site. Im going

PONY XPRESS said:
dahun

You say the dash cluster is hard to read. Just curious, how tall are you & how adjustable are the seats?

Thanks

I'm 5-11 and adjusted the seat so that my head was about a fist width from the head liner. I adjusted the seat so that I was quite a ways back fromt he steering wheel. Still, about 1/2 of the gauges were obscured by the steering wheel. No amount of adjustment would help that. I'd have to bob left and right to find the needles...
But the worst part was that at around noon time, the instruments were washed out by a reflection. The cool thing was that you could set up the back lighting to any of about 6 colors...
The seats themselves were comfortable and much more supportive than todays. From what I remember, the seats are adjustable to the same degree as my '03, but I think the controls are on the left, with manual lumbar adjustment.

351CJ,
I did not notice the difference in the size of the brakes, but they worked smooth, and with just the right pressure. I did not make any emergency stops, so I cannot testify to the effectiveness in those stops.

Stangston,
I loved the styling, and colors, handling, acceleration, room, visibility... I think this will be a much better car, IMHO, than my '03. While I understand the "retro" styling, most of it could have been done a little better. Would I buy this car? I would! But I 'd replace that dash cluster the following day!

Peace..