06 calipers on a 01?

redlazer

Sep 26, 2005
NC
okay does anyone know if a 2006 mustang brake calipers will work on 99-04? I’m going to do Braided brake lines, 13 slotted rotor, dot 5.1 fluid, and I found 2006 Saleen 4 piston calipersjust need to know if they will work on mine.

• Sponsors (?)

They probably can be adapted. I have put caliper from a '01 Lincoln LS and '14 XTS Brembo's on the same '96-04 spindles. First question I would ask is what is the stock rotor size used with those calipers? If it is the same 13" you are proposing then and adapter bracket should be possible to make them work worst case. Best case is mount bolt spacing is the same between spindle and caliper and rotor size is the same as you are planning. It SHOULD be quite doable then. I have not seen these calipers specifically so I can not personally comment on whether it will work or not.

Post some pics and measurements will help. Helpful info would be centerline spacing between caliper mounting holes, caliper mount bolt thread and factory Saleen rotor height.

Direct bolt on. No.

Anything can be adapted though. A few vendors did make adapter kits for putting S197 Brembo's on a SN95. Here's one such kit

As you can see, that particular kit is $400 on top of the price of the calipers.

From what i remember, the 05 Saleen used 14" brembos (Same as the '05 Ford GT) and the 06+ used 14" Stoptech ST40 brakes. I don't think you can adapt those to use a 13" rotor.

You are better off seeking out a 00 Cobra R brembo, or looking into the ATS/XTS brembo options.