Fox 1 chamber muffler options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sams93gt

Mar 14, 2018
hey guys, i know i have another thread going right now for my brakes but i figured i would try and get out ahead of this next "issue" i see coming. im gonna be putting on shorty headers with an offroad decatted h pipe, question is what type of exhaust mods do i need to do if i want to run a 1 chamber flowmaster muffler with the stock exhaust pipes? do i need an intermediate pipe to make up for the length difference? also do i need offset in and out or can i run straight in and out? anyone with experience would be nice! or if anyone has sound clips of a nice exhaust option with no cats or more "cost effective" options. thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

Flowmaster 15805 2.5" Tailpipes + Assault 1-Chamber Mufflers 87-93 Mustang GT
Kit Includes:
Flowmaster 15805 2.5" Pre-Bent Tailpipes (Pair)
+
Assault Racing 8042513 Single-Chamber Mufflers (Pair)

is that a direct bolt on?

my daily driver is an all black 13 grand cherokee altitude 5.7hemi , i cut off the entire exhaust from the suitcase muffler back and put on 2 glasspacks to down pipes haha, it wont be that loud coming out of the back trust me haha

Congratulations on having two obnoxiously loud cars.

I started a go fund me for disposable passenger apparel when they ride with you.

40401.jpg

71Ctm%2Bbq5LL._SX522_.jpg

1708653_orig.jpg

Every now and then somebody comes along here and writes how they are gonna go out to make their car so loud you can hear them coming from blocks away. They put on one chambers, remove the cats, dump the exhaust, and post up a sound clip of their ratty, raspy sounding, loud assed exhaust. Everybody comes on and advises against it, telling the op that he'll grow to regret it, with several posting their own "life lessons" where they had them, then became tired of the noise, and the smell, and decided to put the cats and tail pipes back on and quieten the exhaust back down to an acceptable level, wishing they hadn't wasted the money.

But it's your money. You do you. I've got the others things covered for you.:leaving:

Reactions: 2 users

I started a go fund me for disposable passenger apparel when they ride with you.

40401.jpg

1708653_orig.jpg

Every now and then somebody comes along here and writes how they are gonna go out to make their car so loud you can hear them coming from blocks away. They put on one chambers, remove the cats, dump the exhaust, and post up a sound clip of their ratty, raspy sounding, loud assed exhaust. Everybody comes on and advises against it, telling the op that he'll grow to regret it, with several posting their own "life lessons" where they had them, then became tired of the noise, and the smell, and decided to put the cats and tail pipes back on and quieten the exhaust back down to an acceptable level, wishing they hadn't wasted the money.

But it's your money. You do you. I've got the others things covered for you.:leaving:

No one seems to think my car is obnoxiously loud you can hear it from 2 blocks away but only if I'm hammering it, I love the sound of my car, to each his own though. I have had dumps on Fox's in the past. I liked it and I have dumps on the hemi and I like it, but with the new gt i want to have an exhaust that goes the full length of the car. My passengers like it and my wife likes it sooooo i guess that's all that matters

On my '89 LX I went with shorties, a 2 1/2" off road H pipe, and 24" length magnaflow chambers (did'ent want it too loud). I like the combo...in WA State where they don't smog test. But words to the wise... now I'm moving to California and guess what. Put the engine back the way it was or don't bring the car to Calif. bro.

40401.jpg

1708653_orig.jpg

Maybe read about my exahust situation
California Fox Body Owners- Need Help With Smog Check!

I live in NY, they dont smog check here and its visual only inspection so I'm gonna get straight through cats welded in, commiefornia would restrict and tax breathing If they could

I live in NY, they dont smog check here and its visual only inspection so I'm gonna get straight through cats welded in, commiefornia would restrict and tax breathing If they could
At least they’ll be able to breathe there...not so much in in New York though...

Every state needs to inspect to keep people from circumventing the OEMs attempt to keep the air from smelling like ass. People that remove, or gut cats give legislators license to force drag strips to close. As long as there is some future hearing aid recipient running one chambers, and gutting/removing the cats on a car while still street driving it, the federal government will believe that purpose built drag cars are no different, and are adding to the problem, and then they just restrict everything.
There have been article after articles written in car mags that testify to the fact that removing a cat isn’t worth enough of a horsepower gain to bother. All it adds up to is allowing that much unburned Co2 to escape into the air, which does nothing but add to the foul experience a day spent walking around in NYC is like.

Oh, and making for one more loud assed, stinking car in front of me that I need to pass.

At least they’ll be able to breathe there...not so much in in New York though...

Every state needs to inspect to keep people from circumventing the OEMs attempt to keep the air from smelling like ass. People that remove, or gut cats give legislators license to force drag strips to close. As long as there is some future hearing aid recipient running one chambers, and gutting/removing the cats on a car while still street driving it, the federal government will believe that purpose built drag cars are no different, and are adding to the problem, and then they just restrict everything.
There have been article after articles written in car mags that testify to the fact that removing a cat isn’t worth enough of a horsepower gain to bother. All it adds up to is allowing that much unburned Co2 to escape into the air, which does nothing but add to the foul experience a day spent walking around in NYC is like.

Oh, and making for one more loud assed, stinking car in front of me that I need to pass.

You really hate loud cars huh? lol, as i previously stated , to each their own. If someone wants a loud car I could care less. Also I dont smell anything different when someone has a loud exhaust, unless loud noises make for different smells. If so you should let flowmaster, pypes, spintech, slp, dynomax etc... know this so they can put fabric softeners in their mufflers to help with that

Attachments

• 4706c93b-1614-4c23-ad91-85e2116d365c.gif
    4706c93b-1614-4c23-ad91-85e2116d365c.gif
    685.7 KB · Views: 151
This is almost a wate of time.

Loud and smell only go hand in hand when “ removing the cats” comes into the conversation. If you’re gonna claim that there is no difference between the fumes a car with its emissions system intact give off versus a car with them removed, then I’d advise you to go have your sense of smell diagnosed...because you are completely lacking there.

“ to each it’s own “ only plays as long as you don’t foul up mine. When you disturb my peace, or help to foul the air because “you could care less” you stop having the right to do so. Be considerate of others. What you think is cool, only goes as far as your driveway. The rest of the way is just a bunch of loud noise, and unburnt fuel.

Let me tell you a story about a certain pickup that was visiting a neighbor of mine several times a week, loud was only relative to where his go pedal was, most times it just got your attention, but twice it became a 'dive under the coffee table' nuisance, the last time it was at 11pm. The first time I went to the neighbor's house and politely ask for his friend to keep it civil, the second time I felt was retaliation, I loaded up my 1982 iron head harley on my trailer, pointed the drag pipes at the home of the offending pickup and set off every alarm on the street.
He does not come down the street where I live anymore.
If you like it loud just be respectful of others.

Reactions: 1 user
It started out that way.

I dont understand what your problem is, but since the beginning of this thread you have been extremely hostile towards any exhaust options that aren't something you would do. you're first post was not only condescending but it was just an out right attack for no :leghump:ing reason. Also when i say "to each his own" it doesnt mean to each his own as long as it doesnt bother me. you're a real dick and i dont understand why you cant just bypass the thread if you dont agree instead of injecting your negative bull:poo: into it. I didnt ask for an opinion on how it would sound, i was asking if anyone knew what modifications i would need to run the 1 chamber since its a shorter muffler. yea , add you're 2 cents as far as drone and what not, but i dont need you being a dick and saying i need a gofundme page for febreeze,ear prot, and a gas mask, you need to stop trolling people who love working on cars and look at yourself and wonder what you're doing with your life. :leghump: off

Ok, sam, mike is right in a lot of ways when it comes to the cats no cats subject, and a load exhaust serves no purpose but to annoy other people and kill your hearing, those are facts. But it is your car, and yes at 32 you are no child so conduct yourself like an adult and understand that most people want to breathe clean air and are passionate about it. You need to look at what someone has done with their life before you start calling them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.