13 inch rotors/brake upgrade - discbrakesrus.com

• Sponsors (?)

gary_g said:
Anyone have a cobra brake conversion kit from discbrakesrus.com? I was thinking about getting the full front and back conversion with 13" slotted/drilled rotors they have for $1092... Seemed like a pretty good deal... It even came with stainless braided brake lines.

Anyone have a kit from there? Or anything else in the price range that you would recommend?

-g
seems a little pricey. Isn't this the same thing?

ASilver2001GT said:
This is what your calipers will look like:

mvc004s.jpg

What kind of rotors are those????

UPDATE:

Got the goods today and HOLY CRAP am I impressed with the parts... PBR calipers, the hawk pads (which I paid for of course), rotors, etc... everything turned out amazing. The power-coated calipers and rotors look great too.

I'm installing the kit this weekend, so I'll let everyone know how it goes and take some pics.

-g

It's also worth noting that the company CLEARLY takes customer service very seriously. I've dealt with a million aftermarket companies, and this company definitely stands out. I received everything as ordered, the parts shipped out the day they said they would, they even double checked the packing list before shipping (I can tell because there are little check marks next to each item on the packing slip). They even took great care in packing the components to make sure nothing was damaged or chipped... Pretty impressive.

Definitely a cut above the rest, if anyone is debating the upgrade, go for it! :nice:

Oh, I forgot to mention they even preinstalled the hawk pads, and cut off the logo part of the hawk box and folded it up between the two pads in the caliper so I could clearly see they were hawk pads.

Again... absolutely amazing customer service...

01BlkGT said:
Just be forewarned, if you have crappy wheels that you dont care about, then put those on before you try out the brakes. The paint off the rotors (cause they paint the WHOLE rotor) will splat and paste itself off all over the rim inside and out. Also, if u have crappy pads you dont care about then use those to scrape off the paint unless you want to take off the pads in a few days to clean off all the junk paint that has burned itself onto the pad and in between the cracks. These are the things they dont tell you when your order that option (and I'd rather not say how I know all this :mad: ). Also, its going to take quite a few miles for the paint to completely wipe off the rotor (b/c you dont want to slam on the brakes as b/c the rotors are seasoned nor the pads). Truthfully, I wish I'd had just gotten the powerslot rotors (not for the looks, but for the anti-rusting) and not messed with the powder-coated crap.

At the risk of being discovered as a recovering smartazz, DON'T BE THAT GUY!!!
Why don't you remove the paint (or powdercoat) BEFORE installation?
Maybe a phone call to the company before installation could prevent probs.