$150k in Receipts and Selling for $60K

• Sponsors (?)

You will be surprised of how much a project will suck out of your pocket. I spent $23,000 in chrome only in my 65 vert and had $167,000 6 years later in invoices. I stoped piling up invoices 2 years ago but I am pretty sure a have at least $4,000 more invested on it.

where did all the money go?

Not a whole lot of custom work done on the car. It looks like a backyard build with a very good paint job.
I am wondering if it was a basket case and the owner had a shop repair it.

The engine is what got me. Looks completely stock. Maybe its a hi po but there is no way to tell unless you hear it run. Also the engine compartment looks dirty? you think if your selling your car for 60k you would make everything spotless. I cant imagine anything going for 60k that is not all original and not something special like a gt or shelby or something else rare.

Looks like pepboys fog lights to me.

Then again...if you aren't careful and are paying someone to do everything to your car....it can get expensive...and you can't recoup the costs.

:rolleyes:.... Paying someone? :rlaugh: Come on now take a good look!
That much invested and some simple things would have been done better.
Look at the tailpipes :notnice:
One look under the hood shots and :jaw:
Notice no under body/drivetrain pic's.
:nono: They are not going to get my money.

Besides being a sub standard engine bay and interior for the price. Isn't his engine bay incorrect.
The power steering hose wrapped in a big circle on the inner fender. The windshield washer hoses are not correct on the cowl. That is one sad looking engine bay.

Looks like pepboys fog lights to me.

Then again...if you aren't careful and are paying someone to do everything to your car....it can get expensive...and you can't recoup the costs.

i have a coworker that contracted a shop to have a "show truck" built out of a 50's chevy. what he got was a $8K truck (straight sheetmetal, clean paint, and stock suspension-brakes) with a hotrod engine* that wouldn't outrun my wife's SUV and what he payed was north of $40K. then he had to do wheels, stereo, wood bed, interior,....

i'm not saying that i would not have the right car done by the right shop, because i would if i had the money, but it would be a keeper.

*hotrod engine is a mid 80's smog 350 with a craptastic flat tappet cam, lots of chrome, and headers.

I would want to know MAJOR details on a T code I6 convert for 60K, like ALL: engine, power train and suspension details.

Some one hosed you for that much money. Did you have a contractor on this build? What happened?

I think even the 30K sale guess is way high unless you get a plain foolish buyer. Good luck on selling. Sorry for sounding mean, but I thought honesty would be the better way to go on this one.