15x10 on a 65 coupe. Will they fit ?

Stangninjak

Apr 16, 2004
I have on my car now some american racing torque thrust d's. While the front fits fine, tucked under the wheel well, the backs sit all the way out, flush with the wheel wells. This has cause some major rubbing, and I have now trimed off the lip in the fendor well. It still rubs somewhat over dips, but not as bad.

The problem it seemed was that the offset on the backrims were totally wrong. The rims were on the car when I purchased it, so at first I thought it was the springs. I am thinking that a 235x60x15 tire should fit, but maybe the tire is to tall ??

Well anyway, I looked up some more rims, and I was just wondering if a 15x10 rim would fit back there on our classics. It would really look nice I think having a nice wide tire on the back, and should help at the track. As always thanx in advance for any info tips you can give me.

• Sponsors (?)

TurboXstang:
Do you have any pics of your car that show the rear tire fitment? I am planning on getting bigger tires in the future and that size would be great.

I've got 2 new 275/40/17 tires I picked up at Carlisle that I am not going to use. Let'um go for a $100.00 each. I "paid for" 285's but when I got home, they were 275's. my error for not checking.

Outlaw