16.833 in the 1/4 mile.......car for sale.....

drakesdad

Jul 29, 2005
Oregon OHIO
Yep, first run of the day.....16.833........I didn't care...I told my friend I went with that I was going to floor it from start....I had no idea I would spin all through drive...I let off over half the way of the track to let it stop spinning...Dude said he looked in the mirror and all he saw was smoke...
That's all EDGE 3400 stall.......I do love Milan....I ran 8 times before eliminations... I ran a mixture of 13's and low 14's getting the feel of how to "feather" the pedal...(running Cooper Zeon street tires, won't hook up)
Here is my best run
.0872 reaction
1.84 60'
13.51 ET
99.56 mph
I am happy with it...'cause I know now I have traction issues.....I'm thinking about going back to the tri bars with street slicks on the back......and I'm going to look into LCA UCA's.....Did any of you guys notice a big difference with suspension mods........and does anyone know the size of a belt that would bypass my a/c...not delete with a pulley...but just a belt to slap on at the track to bypass the a/c......
Last question........Why in the heck is my Trap so low.....the best one I got was 101.06 when I ran a 13.60..........:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

that is a good 60 foot for street tires. The best I can get with my 3k stall and street tires is 2.2, but I need practice.

The first time I went with my 3k stall I just floored it too :nonono: resulting in a 2.9 sixty foot.

Eh...slicks aren't going to get him to where he should be....he was only getting 101 and a 1.8' 60 is pretty damn decent...with a 1.8 I would have expected LOW 13s/high 12s.

Is your converter locking in 2nd and 3rd? Perhaps this is a problem not isolated to me...after you car shifts to second, watch the RPMs...mine were shooting up to 4700 and then slowly falling BACK down to ~3500 at WOT, since my converter was not locking.

Yeah I've got 3:73's.....not sure on what the tach is reading.....or speedo for that matter....lol It sounds like the rpms hold through the gears....I will have to actually watch the tach one of these days..... I have a header gasket to fix first.....:D My best runs were on the advanced timing setting on the SCT chip.....The guy I met a few weeks ago with the terminator ran a 11:30 with slicks...and other mods...

Swarzkopf said:
Eh...slicks aren't going to get him to where he should be....he was only getting 101 and a 1.8' 60 is pretty damn decent...with a 1.8 I would have expected LOW 13s/high 12s.

Is your converter locking in 2nd and 3rd? Perhaps this is a problem not isolated to me...after you car shifts to second, watch the RPMs...mine were shooting up to 4700 and then slowly falling BACK down to ~3500 at WOT, since my converter was not locking.

what should the rpms do if it does lock?

Shawn, you said your stall was not locking......what did you do....something in the computer.....? I took out the 2300 stall but the traps with that one were the same

Well, where to start. LMAO

My car's got a bunch of issues and I haven't really been able to address the converter not locking in 2nd and 3rd yet, but here's what I do know:

In our cars, torque converter lockup in first gear is achieved mechanically- the computer has no control over converter lockup while the AODE is in first. In first gear, my converter locks at 3000 RPMs just as it should.

In second and third gear, a group of computer functions and tables determine when the converter locks and unlocks...I believe based on RPM, throttle position, and MPH. Quite honestly, I don't fully understand these functions and tables, and not much information is out there to help, but I'm trying as best I can.

My converter was NOT locking in 2nd and 3rd at all, and I believe that this was the main source of my low MPH (which was the same as yours...101 MPH (I trapped at 105.9 last year with the stock converter)).

After I get the mechanical issues of the car straightened out (later today hopefully) I'm going to do some trial and error modifying of the stock tables and functions using my Tweecer to try to get the converter to lock in 2nd and 3rd.

what should the rpms do if it does lock?

It should act the same way it does in first- the RPMs should climb quickly to the lockup RPM, then hold there and slowly (relatively) continue to increase throughout the gear's duration.

If the converter never locks, the RPMs will climb to the point where the car can't sustain the RPM it's at and the RPMs will drop back down slowly.

Apparently it's desirable for a car that produces decent horsepower to lockup right away in 2nd and 3rd gear.

Well thanks Shawn, you cleared up the question...I have the SCT chip and will gladly get Don to tweak some settings on it....he did a great job with it the first time...I appreciate your guys time as always....
Will

Well, I'm honestly VERY curious to see if you are actually experiencing this problem as well (and it sounds like you very well could be)...

I'm not sure WHY my converter wasn't locking in 2nd and 3rd, it should have. I know that Paul (gcomfx) never had an issue like mine, and it never came up when I was researching the converter anywhere (unless they swapped to a 4R70W gearset).

I'm forced to wonder if my tranny guy actually swapped in a 4R70W gearset. He said he didn't.

Anyway, with the SCT chip setup, you should be gold for a fix if this is the problem. I hear it's much easier to control converter lockup with the SCT stuff as opposed to the Tweecer. :(