1967 Convertible With 2006 Drivetrain

• Sponsors (?)

:jaw: You sir, are a certifiable maniac, and apparently so is your buddy Scott. I shudder when I think of the hours and $$$$$ it must have taken to do this! Definitely a unique and innovative build. Awesome work and it looks fantastic. Does it drive and behave as you had planned/hoped? Let us know.
  1. daffyduck.gif
Thanks For Sharing,
Gene

The maniac description might be correct...I'm not sure that if we had known where we were going we would have started the journey...but, that's the way it is with car builds...it's a one way road sometimes!

It was indeed quite an endeavor...we estimate that we have 2000+ man-hours in it plus probably at least that much just sitting around talking about how to solve the next problem or issue that cropped up. The car turned out great and it's a blast to drive...I have a 2007 Foose Stallion as my driver and the convertible handles and rides every bit as nicely. From a hot rod perspective, the 4.6 L motor isn't going to win any horsepower derby but in that car as a driver, it's a great engine with plenty of power. It's really fun to have all the modern systems in a vintage car such as cruise, interval wipers, etc. In fact, it has already kind of spoiled me in wanting to drive my 67 coupe!

Wow! That is automotive art! When you get ready to sell her for a fraction of the cost it took to build, contact me. I saw the new Ring Bros chassis at the Car Craft Nationals and it looks like I will be a similar build.