1968 DOHC 4.6 Coupe Project

I ran out of room at the shop so I moved this to my house and started working on it again on the weekends.

I had a hard time finding a master cylinder that would clear the cam cover and did a search on line and found this Bronco II master cylinder and it fits.

Reactions: 1 user
I have been using a board to hold up the deck lid after searching I found these struts from Mustangs Unlimited

My intake was cracked while I was replacing it I found a good place for the AC valve

New intake

Next problem I had was none of the brackets for the alternator would work so we had to cut and modify the first one to fit. Sorry no photo

I bought stainless steel transmission cooler lines for the AOD but they didn't fit so I made my own

I ordered a set of Vintage LEDs taillights

Reactions: 2 users
I thought this was a DOHC swap thread? What made you decide to go with a SOHC 4.6?

Very nice Stang! Well done!

The engine I was going to use was in a shop that had a fire because of a faulty cruise control in a van. I already had the motor mounts welded in place for a mod motor. My Dad had a 1996 T-bird that had minor body damage but wasn't worth fixing so in memory of my Dad we used his engine and transmission.

Reactions: 1 user
I hooked up the battery in the trunk (I still need to hook up the ground cable to the engine) to see what works. The Ron Francis trunk mounted battery kit has two ground gables one small short one that I have going to the body and a large long one that they want mounted to a bell housing bolt. So far the AC 3 blower speeds work, taillights, turn signals, and headlights.

I have a problem with the lights in the dash flashing when the key is off and the steering column harness is hooked up.

I ordered a remote oil filter kit and when it came in it had large 12 straight o ring fittings with a barbed end the wouldn't clear the frame rail after a long search I found what I needed at Phenix Industries and ordered an adapter that reduced the hose to 10AN with 90 fittings. I was impressed with their products and decided to be a dealer. Nick made the new oil line and mounted the filter on the fender apron.