1969 MACH 1 into a BOSS 429

Afternoon ALL, NEW to site, I own a 69 Mach 1 S Code with a Non Original 428 in it, Auto Trans. I’m having the engine rebuilt next month but an opportunity has come up to put a Brand New BOSS 429 into it. Is this process as Difficult and Ugly as I’ve been reading? I just spent a lot of money having a front suspension done and I’m not gonna rip that all out and if that’s what is required I’ll just build up the 428 that I have. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

• Sponsors (?)

Install a REAL Boss engine you'll need to shave the shock towers, look at a Boss 9 in an actual Boss mustang, you'll see what I mean, oh, and Trump money for a real Boss 9. Jon Kaase built heads for the 385 ford block nearly identical to the Ford Boss 9, I don't know if he still does, I think someone stroked and poked a windsor block displacing 429 cubes that would pretty much drop right in, I guess it would depend on what engine it is but I believe the steering and suspension mods would be minimal.
It has been a long time soooooo.
Oh, welcome to :SN: check out the classic forums and as always 'don't forget the pics!

Install a REAL Boss engine you'll need to shave the shock towers, look at a Boss 9 in an actual Boss mustang, you'll see what I mean, oh, and Trump money for a real Boss 9. Jon Kaase built heads for the 385 ford block nearly identical to the Ford Boss 9, I don't know if he still does, I think someone stroked and poked a windsor block displacing 429 cubes that would pretty much drop right in, I guess it would depend on what engine it is but I believe the steering and suspension mods would be minimal.
It has been a long time soooooo.
Oh, welcome to :SN: check out the classic forums and as always 'don't forget the pics!
Thank You for your thoughts and advice. Very much appreciated.

An engine builder in Indiana. I believe he said bored out to a 572 but I could be mistaken. I’m sure the 428 build up would be more than enough and I’d cash to put towards paint. Body is done and it’s in primer now.

IMG_6088.png
IMG_5492.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 1 users