1970 Mustang Transmission part help

Legacy4STANG

May 16, 2018
I have a shift linkage spring from a 1970 3 speed manual that's broken and I can't find a replacement on line, through a Ford dealership, or a spring supplier. Can anyone tell me where I can get one of these? The large OD is 1", the small OD is .700, and the height is .750.

• Sponsors (?)

Hurst Shifters on Flea bay has this in there store, not sure if right size though. bout 16$
Talking with them might be place to start.
s-l1600-3.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Hurst Shifters on Flea bay has this in there store, not sure if right size though. bout 16$
Talking with them might be place to start.
s-l1600-3.jpg
thanks for the info. I may have to do that. I have a laser weld source that I'm going to try first, and as a secondary option I have a friend who makes his own springs so we may try and bend one ourselves. I never in my life would have thought that ordering a new spring would be such a chore.

Thanks for the help guys. Just an update, I wound up buying .092" piano wire and bending my own spring. It worked perfectly. Also you can't see in the pictures but the holes in the shifter housing were egged out so I had to weld them up and re qualify them. I cleaned and smoothed all contact parts, lubed with a marine grease and reinstalled the shifter this week. It is tight yet very smooth. I'm quite pleased with the outcome.

Reactions: 1 users