Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I think you're supposed to drink alcohol, a lot of alcohol with pain meds. THEY say it's bad for you. But they used to say eggs were bad for you, right? Or get some weed. You moved more into the city right? You probably have a dealer on your street.

I seriously hope you find something that works so you can get up and start therapy soon. Sooner you start, the sooner you finish.

Reactions: 1 users
I think you're supposed to drink alcohol, a lot of alcohol with pain meds. THEY say it's bad for you. But they used to say eggs were bad for you, right? Or get some weed. You moved more into the city right? You probably have a dealer on your street.

I seriously hope you find something that works so you can get up and start therapy soon. Sooner you start, the sooner you finish.

:nono:
Alcohol compounds the detachment and depression when used with prescription pain medicine. There are serious potential problems when the two are used together, and it varies from one person to another and from one time to another. One of the dangers is that you lose track of how much you have taken and when you took it. Then it becomes very easy to overdose...

Ok, I'm goin' home tomorrow.

It was like some kind of ephaniny when they finally came up with the right drug. ( or maybe it's just getting better already.....:chin............naaah!)
I moved to therapy so quickly today, it was like it didn't have any pain. We finally have arrived at some derivative of oxy- something that has a lower combined dose of Tylenol in it than the addictive stuff has.

It was markedly easier than it was this morning......maybe because it was?. All I had to do today at 5 PM was go up and down a flight of 10 stairs w/ hand rails.. ( now you gotta know that if there are handrails on those stairs,....my full weight never hit my knees....) then a couple of sets of heel slides out to the side as far as I could go. And I was schoochin back out of there on my walker thing...hell bent to get back to my room,

8 hours and a wake-up....and I'm on the back side of this thing.

Reactions: 5 users
Now it's More like "Get up muthrfckr"!

And it hasn't been 8 hours.

The pain is at its worst after resting for several hours. Between that, and a simple cup of water running through me in this amount of time,..and couple that to the fact that I'm going on 4 days w/ no bowel movement...and you might think I mislead you in my last update.

I'm gonna need something a little more drastic:eek:

They gave me some Philips milk of magnesia yesterday.....no worky.
I'm gonna ask for another dose before I resort to violating myself with the big E. ( I don't think they'll let me do that by myself however:eek::eek::eek:)

Now I know what you're thinkin.....
You're thinking "ewww, when's he gonna stick to talkin about his car, and get off of this old crotchety man crap?"

I agree....id rather be in the garage doing something over twice vs spending one minute talking about irregularity
Or this freakin surgery.

The pain is at its worst after resting for several hours. Between that, and a simple cup of water running through me in this amount of time,..and couple that to the fact that I'm going on 4 days w/ no bowel movement...and you might think I mislead you in my last update.

I'm gonna ask for another dose before I resort to violating myself with the big E. ( I don't think they'll let me do that by myself however:eek::eek::eek:)

You're thinking "ewww, when's he gonna stick to talkin about his car, and get off of this old crotchety man crap?"

I agree....id rather be in the garage doing something over twice vs spending one minute talking about irregularity
Or this freakin surgery.
Nothing but crap talk Mike.

Get a couple bottles of that nasty tasting magnesium drink you can find at Walmart or Walgreens. Drink a ton of water with them.

Asking your internals to produce without enough water intake is like someone expecting their car to keep driving with no fuel in the tank:D.

In addition to the pain meds causing you to be blocked up, you aren't physically moving much. That hampers the expulsion of the aforementioned problem.

Now, if you are just wanting your wife to give you the old bottom end treatment, carry on as planned......

It's been a whole two days since your major surgery Mike, when are you going to get past this "pity me, I can't walk" thingy and change out that fuel pump.:doh:

I think we can cut you a little break this time there buddy. Now go put that box on and be a man.

Reactions: 5 users
Wish I had something funny to say to ease the pain, I feel ya bro. I gotta change a fuel line on my truck today, that means laying across bumpy, pointed chit on top of an ancient 7.3 and I've barely got'n over that leg cramp from two days ago. :stick:

Nothing but crap talk Mike.

Get a couple bottles of that nasty tasting magnesium drink you can find at Walmart or Walgreens. Drink a ton of water with them.

Asking your internals to produce without enough water intake is like someone expecting their car to keep driving with no fuel in the tank:D.

In addition to the pain meds causing you to be blocked up, you aren't physically moving much. That hampers the expulsion of the aforementioned problem.

Now, if you are just wanting your wife to give you the old bottom end treatment, carry on as planned......

It's been a whole two days since your major surgery Mike, when are you going to get past this "pity me, I can't walk" thingy and change out that fuel pump.:doh:

I think we can cut you a little break this time there buddy. Now go put that box on and be a man.
Dave..............???...........when I tell you that my surgery was Wednesday at 5 am and I'm bit chin about something Saturday morning at 2:30AM,......how many days have went by?

Let's count on our fingers shall we?

Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
You can bet this hospital will count that many days..

I agree Dave it is all a bunch of whiny sht. I wasn't none too happy pecking on this iPad at 2:30 when I wrote that, so I'll just take my whiny mulligan for today for that one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Dave..............???...........when I tell you that my surgery was Wednesday at 5 am and I'm bit chin about something Saturday morning at 2:30AM,......how many days have went by?

Let's count on our fingers shall we?

Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
You can bet this hospital will count that many days..

I agree Dave it is all a bunch of whiny sht. I wasn't none too happy pecking on this iPad at 2:30 when I wrote that, so I'll just take my whiny mulligan for today for that one.

Hope you feel better soon Mike. Recovering from surgery is tough. Hang in there, pal.

Or this freakin surgery.

Well, in spite of my jokes, that :poo: (or lack thereof) is no laughing matter. Trained doctors almost killed my then 83 year old father by sending him home before he had a BM after surgery. He had had a stint inserted to bypass an aneurysm. But in getting the surgical tools out of his femoral artery it ruptured. Which they kinda expected and had a surgical team on standby just for that. So after the 45 min procedure turning into a 5 hour ordeal, he goes to ICU. He's on opiods. No BM. After 5 days surgeon discharges him. FROM ICU. Never transferred him out...just discharge. Attending physician and evidently some ICU nurses told him this was not a good idea. But they get his stuff and send him on his merry way. He got home at 5pm and by 7pm my brother had already called 911. Dad was in so much pain and his stomach has distended. He ended up being in the hospital/rehab facility for another THREE weeks.
He's good now.....hell he just rode out Harvey in Corpus Christi by himself.

But the moral is, make sure you take a dump!!!

Reactions: 1 user
You guys are rough. I just think this whole deal is a ruse to stop updating the progress or lack thereof on the Monster, the Monster garage, the Monster Deck, the Monster Pool, and the Monster Mama's to do list.

It just seems trivial to comment now, given what's happening in TX and FL. My life will turn around, and it will happen in a relatively short time. The same can't be said for alot of folks that have lost so much at the hands of a couple of very nasty storms, and those are my thoughts about it tonight.

I am under the influence of Oxycodone,..and while it's effect hasn't been as hard to cope with as the "other" Oxy that I encountered once a long time ago,...It still makes my cognitive thinking process very "patchy". I can only compare it to a movie watched at a "too slow" frame rate....I tend to skip in and out of real time, so writing something here that isn't all WTF is waay more challenging. But since you asked, I'll try to accommodate.

Therapy round one happened today at 11AM.

I got kudos from the therapist, amazed that I walked across the waiting room w/ a walker to shake his hand. My range of motion is at 90 degrees,..but I cannot "lock out" my knees straight.
He says that I have to accomplish that as my goal.

Bottom line: He's confident that I'll be back at work well ahead of any conservative time frame...4-6 weeks is the actual target now,...not just my wild ass hope.

The staples come out on Friday.....

Bottom line:
20170904_114002_zpsyfjmj1xe.jpg

Maybe they'll look less like a monster Friday afternoon.

My personal "blockage incident" forced me to take the drastic measure(s) that I was trying to avoid,...and it in of itself,was an ordeal to rival the knee surgery.....Words like Hazmat, biohazard, and images of skulls w/ crossbones on diamond shaped signs keep popping back to haunt me,..
1359378381-44621900.gif

But I got it all worked out.

Bottom line:
I managed to lose about 5 pounds in an hour.

Given my close proximity to a giant jump in mobility,..the therapist wants to ramp up my therapy to 3 times a week over the next couple of weeks...

Bottom line: I need to get off of this oxy crap, and onto some degree of self-sustenance. Hurricane Irma will probably force my M.I.L. living in PC Fla to live here in the event that Hurricane targets the panhandle, and I'm almost certain that it will..

And she lives in a ground floor apt,.......200 yards from the beach.

Bottom Line:

I'd hate to have gone through all of this just to turn around and end up putting a gun barrel in my mouth over a choice to not push through a little therapy pain..;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
You sound sooooooo stoned dude!:rock:

Yep, get the MIL the hell out of there. It's looking fugly.

About the pain, don't be a pssy Mike. Did you ever see the movie Major Pain? I can make that pain go away boy.....

Status
Not open for further replies.