Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand that comment. If I can calibrate the sensor to 0-100 through MS, what difference does it make where it ends up initially?
It doesn't matter is what i was implying, even if you only had a 1v swing the Ms would let you set the min and max. I think the decision to remove it and give it a wider voltage range was a good one. The tune will be very dependent on the throttle position sensor.

I was thinking, all this issue with SD and bad vacuum would be moot if you ran a MAF. If you wanna try one let me know I'll ship it to you.

• Sponsors (?)

It doesn't matter is what i was implying, even if you only had a 1v swing the Ms would let you set the min and max. I think the decision to remove it and give it a wider voltage range was a good one. The tune will be very dependent on the throttle position sensor.

I was thinking, all this issue with SD and bad vacuum would be moot if you ran a MAF. If you wanna try one let me know I'll ship it to you.
I like "moot". where would the MAF have to go?, and how would that work when trying to get idle set with the intake tube/ air box off the engine?

Where is that drag strip at and is that one of your old cars wheels up in the right lane?
That is the infamous Lassiter Mtn. Dragway. Literally a trench with two paved lanes at the bottom. This is in fact me,in a 393 powered, straight meth fueled, two stage nitrous Mitsubishi Starion (love this body style) on a 5.65 ET qualifying pass.
( ended up at bottom of field) back in 2003.

the car is on the wheelie bars, and still rode up that high..( junk AJE wheelie bars, transfers wheel stands back into the body, causing it to lift)
I was constantly lifting off the throttle in this car because it would never stop coming up. I had to make an engine cradle to protect the oil pan from getting the sht. smashed out of it when I'd lift after I couldn't see the track.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Where is that drag strip at and is that one of your old cars wheels up in the right lane?

Not gonna lie, I was thinking to myself, "what in the living fck is this guy talking about?"... Then I dropped my phone and my screen rotated sideways and Mike's signature appears right above your post. Weird that when I hold my phone vertically no one has signatures.

You wouldn't we would have to set the idle in alpha-n then transfer over to maf.
Well I'd imagine if we could tune idle in ALPHA N, we could also return it to SD afterwards as well..But....

Bigger issues right now...

Lost all data. No project to work off of.

Over the winter, I had to refresh this computer. It required a back up and I thought I did that. But alas, I am a computer idiot.

Somewhere around here there may be the USB stick that had my tune files, but as of right now, I have nothing more than a program. IDK if one of the previous tunes that we swapped around has all of the tune data to include the project parameters or not, but if it doesn't I'm back to starting from scratch. The battery is hooked up. I was gonna see if it would connect so that I could attempt a fuel pressure/leak check, and calibrate the TB, but :nono:.

On a whim I go down to the car again, and try to pair my phone to the head unit. When I put it in Bluetooth scan mode, I see that my phone sees the EFI analytics BT adapter, as well as the pioneer head unit.
So, renewed with the hope that My computer will see that adapter, I attempt to create a new project.

My ecu connects to my laptop, and transfers its current tune into my laptop. " Connection Successful!"

I go to the "calibrate TPS" tab....It says that my TPS is currently reading 17%. Full throttle is comparably about 20% off.
How do I tell the computer that closed throttle is closed throttle?

The "behind the scenes" action last night found me solving my TPS sensor calibration courtesy of Steve using our new live chat capability.

This is such a grown up place now.

Ironic that we have several threads coming to a start-up countdown. I bled the brakes yesterday, They are rock hard now. I can't wait to see the difference having the new booster makes. The only things mechanically that the monster needs now, is water in the radiator, and a fuel leak at the fitting at the front of the rail fixed (thank god it's on that end).

That's it.

I know, Right? The only things stopping me from attempting a restart is the most elementary of processes.

Well,..........That, and completely re-configuring the tune over to Alpha N.

(And I don know nothin bout no Aplha-N)

For those that don't know what Alpha-N is, it's simple to understand really. ......Think carburetor.

The Map sensor will be circumvented, and all that it does to correct spark and fuel due to load changes will go away. Fuel will become a fixed amount based on throttle position. I don't even know if the o2 sensor is even necessary anymore.
Fortunately for me, I'm one of the flag bearers for carburetors, so I don't really have that much of a problem with it. I just wish that there is/was a decent attachment to learn to tune the engine that way.

Alternatively, I could drop the ECU, and change out the MAP circuit and re-configure that to allow me to run the engine MAF like some of you guys, but again I wonder just how different that would be over A/N since there would still be no "load sensor" to add fuel, other than how much air is moving past that sensor....
( You'd think that there'd also be some formula to determine how far the throttle is opened at the amount of air movement to balance throttle position against a given amount of fuel.)

So,....my days off are behind me again. Even though the start up is potentially a tune and 15 minutes labor away, The wife and I are going to some beach front Mexican resort on the Pacific coast starting Sunday. yea.

I'll be back on Saturday, providing an engine doesn't blow up, blow a hole in the plane, and i get sucked out, and hang out of it at 30k ft.....where the temp is a balmy 70 below

Might be just the thing for the sunburn I'll probably be nursing.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.