Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Aint it a bish how that works? Get within a red cnt hair of starting it up and then the schedule magically inflates into the marshmellow man. I need about an hour to make plug wires, fill my sht with oil and twist the key. Looks like that may not happen until early next week.

Maybe we can figure out how to do a live stream next week where we both twist the key at the same time and see whose actually starts first.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Aint it a bish how that works? Get within a red cnt hair of starting it up and then the schedule magically inflates into the marshmellow man. I need about an hour to make plug wires, fill my sht with oil and twist the key. Looks like that may not happen until early next week.

Maybe we can figure out how to do a live stream next week where we both twist the key at the same time and see whose actually starts first.
Mine will. Whether it continues to run will be your opportunity to be first at.

I didn't change my ecu config like I imagine you had to to run that COP stuff. I just gotta manage a tune revision.

Ok,....I'm officially drunk.

But I'm sitting in my $4000. 00, 20 year old chair, and I haven't been driving, so......who gives a rats red bunion hole?

I don't know why i didn't try to turn the key tonight. The cooling system is full and doesn't leak, The fuel leak was fixed with a twist, and the pipe plugs are installed in the valve covers.

There is absolutely NOTHING that prevents me from attempting a restart.

Except the IAT sensor that's hanging there un-attached....what happens when I start it w/o data from that sensor?

I read up on Alpha N.....I don't think I'm gonna like it.
It looks to be harder to dial in than SD, considering that there isn't any sensors making corrections for things. I read that the term WOT is variable, and not just a matter of TPS...In other words, at 2000 RPM, 20% throttle may be all the engine can handle when there are 6 holes feeding the engine cracked open at the same. percentage. So,..at 2000 RPM.....20% TPS may be WOT.....
Even the O2 sensor becomes worthless,...as it cannot correct VE tables at the speed like it can/does in SD.

Anybody wanna buy 6 BMW throttle bodies off of an 01-03 M3?

I'm wondering about my current setup. There are 6 vacuum tubes feeding a common plenum. The Map is plumbed into the common plenum, the Fidle valve is there, the PB booster is there, and the trans vacuum modulator is there....will that remote plenum show the map sensor engine load? Isn't that worth a test?

I wanna turn the key but think that it will run like sht.

But now, I'm going to bed......See line #1.

• Surprised
  • Clever
Reactions: 2 users
Nothing will happen with the IAT hanging there. You can take the one on a new car and pull it out. It just mainly adds some fueling correction to really cold air and really hot air. Our stuff is not worried about emissions so piss on needing the IAT to start it. MS can use AN to tune at idle, IF your :poo: is too wonky to run SD, but then can blend back into SD once it gets off it's ass. So your O2 sensor is going to be fine. It won't be lonely.

In summamation (drunk speak) if'ns your :poo: can't idle because of the erratics vacuum signal to the MAP sensor, you tune it in the idle area of the fueling map with alpha N and then when you put your SOBER foot into it, it rolls off into Speed Density land and you don't even notice.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Mike i am going to post this tune file here, but for our exchanges with datalogs and whatnot can you please make a thread for the monster over in the digital self tuning forum, this way it gets documented correctly for people to find.

Now dont forget to start a datalog before trying to start the car.

Im tired and going to bed. this took longer than i thought it would.

Attachments

• Monster ITB tune rev.1.0.0.msq
    119.1 KB · Views: 213
  • Loved It!
You need a carb synchroniser tool.... to make sure your pulling the same amount of air with all six throttle bodies.

Screenshot_20180503-012619.png

You need a carb synchroniser tool.... to make sure your pulling the same amount of air with all six throttle bodies.

Screenshot_20180503-012619.png
That's not needed - just attach a common automotive vacuum gauge to each throttle body via the already present vacuum line. Start the engine and adjust the vacuum so that it is the same in all six throttle bodies. That may require a bit of juggling because there are 6 TB's and one vacuum gauge...

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: 3 users
and I return to the land of the living.....:cautious:

I was gonna calibrate my O2 sensor in the pipe that it's screwed into. Telling myself that the pipe has been open so long, and is in fact a product of the resectioned turbo down pipe that the difference between the air inside the pipe, and "free air" is not enough to go through the process of removing the stupid thing.

But,.......sigh,.......I guess I'll remove it for the sake of "doing it right".

You'd think knowing that this process needed to be done, that I'd've waited to screw it in until AFTER I did this,................................
What's my nick name?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wrote the above this morning. Right after getting the whole thing written (deleted a bunch of stuff since then because,...)

There was water under the car this morning.

And it was dripping from here.
IMAG0107_zps0iuuor49.jpg

The bolt you can't see is letting water get past it. The bolt threads extend into the water jacket. The engine is back to looking like this.

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 users
WTF! Come on Man! I'm dying to hear this thing run. I think you're doing this stuff on purpose now to keep your rep intact! Just put sealer on every bolt you stick in, even in a blind hole, JUST IN CASE!!!

• Agree
I sincerely believe that this isn’t gonna work here right now...

But this is the view out of my window:
72CFFA0E-EA73-464B-A713-1668532360B1.jpeg

For those that pay attention besides Dean, I’m now on day one of my vacation to puerto Vallarta. Currently in the air out of Houston.
After discovering the water leak, the thing went to bottom the the barrel priority for me....I tell ya its losing some of the appeal for me. The freaking sales job keeps me at work for hours after we close often now. I lost two off days last month due to it falling at the end of the last week of the month. And to the company I work for, everybody sacrifices their off day on the last week of the month. I’m off on Monday, and not only did I have to give up the Monday at the front of the week, April ended on a Monday.
I made 800. 00, last Monday. It’s very hard to say no to that.

That leaves nothing left but a Sunday, and Kate always comes first on Sunday, unless she gives me leave to do something else.
By the time Saturday rolls around a week from now, I’ll have gnawed both of my arms off itching to get back home, I really can’t stand this much idle time with nothing to do except lay around, get the piss sunburned out of me, and drink. However, there’ll be a ton of river rock in my driveway when I get home that will have to be spread out over the one end of my back yard where the dogs have turned it into a desert. That will be what I do next Sunday. Then#1 is buying his first house, and I’ll be helping him with that on whatever else remains of the subsequent days off.

The monster I fear is gonna stay cold, with one hour standing in between starting and not. By the time I get back to him, Itll be June I fear.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.