Status
Not open for further replies.
1538018742795.png

:shrug: Look! 3 extras!
If you'll remember, I put stop leak in to stop the leak.

It worked, but it also plugged up the heater core, which ruptured as a side effect. It ended up being the leaking heater core that I had to breathe the fumes off of the entire 300 miles home, forcing me to open the windows.....
in July,.....in Alabama.

• Sponsors (?)

If you'll remember, I put stop leak in to stop the leak.

It worked, but it also plugged up the heater core, which ruptured as a side effect. It ended up being the leaking heater core that I had to breathe the fumes off of the entire 300 miles home, forcing me to open the windows.....
in July,.....in Alabama.

So I take it that's not what you were going for. That's very odd. :O_o:

Everyone gets jitters before a big event Mike.

You need to do this. It’ll be like a special bonding time with a grown up son.

Get an extra belt now and put it in an emergency kit in the trunk.

Go for the ride, it’ll make the monster your car instead of just a piece of artwork.

Thanks for that Dave,.. I'm planning on it.
I just got gotta whine about it for a little while more, so I can get that out of my system.;)
No reason to source another gilmer belt. If that one breaks, I doubt that I could save the engine before I notice that failure anyway. Besides, if that brand new belt breaks ( at least run - time wise anyway,..it is 4 actually years old), it'd probably be because something stopped spinning that was supposed to.
And no new belt is gonna change the no spin state of a seized up pump.

Pure conjecture anyway.

I'm building my emergency roadside kit this weekend. One scissor Jack, one small jack stand, a moving blanket to lay on, a complete socket set, a universal screwdriver with bits, wire ties, a few fuses, some assorted pliers, a can of " fix a flat", and a baseball bat..( as a means of protection should I get jumped by a truckload of maga hat wearin rednecks).
The monster has Grundy collectors car insurance...the policy includes 250 towing allowance ( At least he did have it,...ill have to check into that today)

If anybody sees that I need to add something to my emergency roadside kit, let me know.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for that Dave,.. I'm planning on it.
I just got gotta whine about it for a little while more, so I can get that out of my system.;)
No reason to source another gilmer belt. If that one breaks, I doubt that I could save the engine before I notice that failure anyway. Besides, if that brand new belt breaks ( at least run - time wise anyway,..it is 4 actually years old), it'd probably be because something stopped spinning that was supposed to.
And no new belt is gonna change the no spin state of a seized up pump.

Pure conjecture anyway.

I'm building my emergency roadside kit this weekend. One scissor Jack, one small jack stand, a moving blanket to lay on, a complete socket set, a universal screwdriver with bits, wire ties, a few fuses, some assorted pliers, a can of " fix a flat", and a baseball bat..( as a means of protection should I get jumped by a truckload of maga hat wearin rednecks).
The monster has Grundy collectors car insurance...the policy includes 250 towing allowance ( At least he did have it,...ill have to check into that today)

If anybody sees that I need to add something to my emergency roadside kit, let me know.
I might suggest some of that quick-steel epoxy stuff, a gallon of coolant, a quart of oil, some wire and crimp connectors in addition to what you've already got.

This dude has his head on straight:

View: https://youtu.be/rXvWK8NnE1o

Fer sure. Totally rad.

@CarMichael Angelo you have to tread lightly when offering bourbon on whiskey to rednecks. You have to determine if they are Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, Southern Comfort, George Dickel, or pure white bred yuppies posing as red necks. The offering of the wrong tonic to the wrong crowd can have the same adverse effects as wearing Crip colors in a Blood 'hood. Tread lightly my friend. PBR is a safer bet.

Fer sure. Totally rad.

@CarMichael Angelo you have to tread lightly when offering bourbon on whiskey to rednecks. You have to determine if they are Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, Southern Comfort, George Dickel, or pure white bred yuppies posing as red necks. The offering of the wrong tonic to the wrong crowd can have the same adverse effects as wearing Crip colors in a Blood 'hood. Tread lightly my friend. PBR is a safer bet.
PBR has got to rank as the most vile swill ever to be labeled beer. How one of the worst beers ever made has come back into favor as strongly as that crap only shows to go ya that most drinkers of that stuff would drink anti-freeze if the can said beer on the side. When you answer "it's cheap, and it gets me drunk" as the reason for buying, and drinking that beer, a wife beater, 6 kids, Govt. issued cheese, and a mobile home are not far off in your future.
Hamms, Olympia, Storz, Old Milwaukee, Busch, Natural, Falstaff, and Schlitz should all get together and change their labels collectively to reflect their true content....E-85.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Ok. " Captain's Log, Stardate 09292018.":rolleyes:

Maybe I should start a blog or something. Everytime I sit down here to blather out something, the wife asks me if I'm " blogging again". I argue back that I'm updating a thread on a web forum, and that the difference between a blog, and a web forum is that a blog doesn't allow the opportunity for a reader to comment, and a web forum does.

I'll title the following "Idle chatter".

I know that I got the few that read what I write, ...and in turn, I read what you write. But for me it's more of a journal than just talking about what I did to the car.
I gotta find a place that the reader will stay with me when I go off on a tangent. if I go more than "Here's what I did, and here's the pics of what I did" I'm losing all but the few steady ones...( probably means you if you've made it this far.)
Some days I got nothin' and I won't say a thing, other days ( and more often than not) I still got nothin' but here I am...poking away at these buttons.
I realize that in today's world written stuff has a life expectancy of the readers attention span, that's why ( if you read the stuff I write), you'll find tidbits.
Me adopting a Little Japanese Kid, my cat getting sucked into the radiator, Cryo-freezing an 8.8" gear carrier, and heating a 7.5" ring gear to try and make them work....putting sawdust into my rear axle to quiet it down, standing upstream from the Texas Bikini team at the auto show and listening to drunk btches condemn me to a firing squad. Sticky fingered Buford the third....

I got all this stupid stuff inside me and no place to put it.

I.i.i...dont know...maybe I just need to run away, and join a circus.

• Haha
Capatains log, star date 09292018.

T minus five days and counting till the mission begins to seek out new life and go where no monster has gone before...........

I’m going batsht crazy.......:ack::crazy:

If you can hear this communique, please send help.....

Bring whiskey, Bookers........:cheers:

I'm just waiting for the video where 43 clowns pile out of the monster with an elephant and a tiger and 5 midgets near by.
There'll only be one clown piling out of the monster...ill try to set that up by parkibgvit next to a Sunbeam that has a 289 in it, and make sure theres some hemi Chrysler on the other side.

That'll take care of the tiger and the elephant...as for the 5 "midgets".

I don't think There'll be any, but I'll bring this picture just in case and make 5 copies
1200px-1963_M.G._Midget_(6322636050).jpg

That's the best I can do on short notice.

• Haha
Mike, you need this for your trip.
911CCD6A-759F-4216-BC12-E0092F1BD482.jpeg

I just got it at harbor freight. It’s rechargeable with a USB chord. Magnetic base and swivel head on it.

$28 with a 20% off coupon.

This will be my truck light. It’s brilliantly bright. Don’t look into the light when turning it on......just trust me here.:nonono:

For those that can wait, it's for sale on the 12th, 13th, and 14th for $20. I say as I find out now.......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.