Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Now that I'm out of that restaurant....

Nothing down here is even real. For those of you looking to escape the reality of where you live....( Massive unemployment, Remaining Corona Virus business restrictions ( i.e. bars not open, cant go to movies,...still gotta wear a mask to buy groceries..) Social distancing, Newly mandated curfews, forcing those few fledging businesses that just opened to have to close up shop at 7 pm)......

Come to the panhandle of florida.....

Here we dont have no stinking restrictions...no masks, no social distances..the owner of the restaurant we were in tonight was hugging and even kissing his regulars. No gloves, no masks..you got your water glasses refilled by the " water girl". One of the regular patrons sitting at the bar, turns his head, and let's out an uncovered hack towards the bar..
Its pandemonium.

But....that's how it's been down here for awhile....The whole virus thing down here is a fairy tale....

20200604_205824.jpg

And 4 months ago.........absolutely normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Now that I'm out of that restaurant....

Nothing down here is even real. For those of you looking to escape the reality of where you live....( Massive unemployment, Remaining Corona Virus business restrictions ( i.e. bars not open, cant go to movies,...still gotta wear a mask to buy groceries..) Social distancing, Newly mandated curfews, forcing those few fledging businesses that just opened to have to close up shop at 7 pm)......

Come to the panhandle of florida.....

Here we dont have no stinking restrictions...no masks, no social distances..the owner of the restaurant we were in tonight was hugging and even kissing his regulars. No gloves, no masks..you got your water glasses refilled by the " water girl". One of the regular patrons sitting at the bar, turns his head, and let's out an uncovered hack towards the bar..
Its pandemonium.

But....that's how it's been down here for awhile....The whole virus thing down here is a fairy tale....

20200604_205824.jpg

And 4 months ago.........absolutely normal.

It’s like I’m in another country reading that! Long Island has a long way to go. Just another reason to leave!

I really like the Fort Walton Beach area. I'm about 2 hours away, so we have been making weekend trips down there the last couple of weekends. Just go down in the morning. Eats some great food for lunch. Hang out on the beach with the kid for a few hours and drive home. My little dude was so spent last weekend that he slept for 12 hours once we got home! LOL Looks like the weather is going to be bad this weekend though.

Reactions: 1 user
Since being on my mini-vacation I'be found numerous instances of other guys who have seemingly found a solution to the 2jz curse when using a mega squirt ecu.

One guy has put a series of resistors inline, one has adjusted the trim potentiometers successfully. One guy had to cut the second ground wire off of his LS coils that tied them all back to the ecu. ( the other ground is terminated at the block)

Some had ms3x, some had ms3pro.

I dont even know where to start when I get back home.

One one hand, now that I've added the dual vr conditioner circuit, I dont even know if the adjustable trim pots are relevant anymore. MS3pro doesn't have them. Additional circuit conditioning is done with inline resistors.
From what I've read,one guy with an ms3x turned all four pots 1.5 turns clockwise, and his problem ceased.

If I didnt have that dual vr conditioner circuit inline, I'd be tempted to try that. I'm reluctant to add resistors inline because that will require cut and splicing into the cam sensor wire.
The vr sensor can simply be added at either end..
I haven't tried resistors since adding the new dual conditioning circuit..guess it's the easiest path though, as it dont require opening up the ecu. And I have the resistors.

Lastly, my final option requires that i open up the ecu, and convert it to work as hall effect. Itll also require software revisions in the tuning software.

Page 478. The VR talk.

On Hondas VTECH, they used the Brantz style splitter to bring the counting range into the right zone.

brantzconditioner_fig0.jpg

Yo Dawg, now that's what ima takin about!

Bewdy!

They, Nissan, grouped all four sensor wires together in a gray heavy wall thickness Data cable, just like in civil building instillation's. :beer:

IMG_78841.jpg

IMG_78891.jpg

The 8 other wires are now out of the loop, I only have four to probe. After I probe the first, which could have a 25% chance of being right first time, I then hook the pulse wire up to the Brantz meter,

Brantz_Digital_abs_sensor_Prescaler.jpg

Set the scale factor to one, and it will count every fifth tooth of the 48 teeth tone ring as a 1/9.6 of a 235/60 16 wheel, or 8 -5/8" loaded rollout per count.Excellent.....

I then tried it, and it failed to poll. Same with the ABS sensors Toyota used, and the Speedo sensor. Conditioning is critical to success.

Status
Not open for further replies.