Status
Not open for further replies.
As a redundancy...it looks like the Tune is fixed. Waaaaay too excessive on the internal noise filtering. When I sent the tune file and run logs to Cramer at DIY this morning, his one sentence reply was that the engine sensors appeared to be sending the signals to the ecu, but those signals were actually being filtered ( choked) right along with any suspect noise.

Once steve corrected the excessive noise filtering from the tune, the engine started and revved cleanly to 45-4800 rpm with zero issues ( It was too late to zing the engine to 6500-7000 rpm)

Besides,...i’ve never been comfortable free revving an engine anyway.

The wiring is now a jug phck. I gotta fix that. The tach still doesn’t work, the Idle still goes from fat to lean, and the oil pan leaks.

But for the first time in a month since this thing has been running, it actually,.....runs.

• Drool
Reactions: 6 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Did the 3am demon keep you from buying another stand alone ecm ? Glad it's up and running...now get back to work ! No union breaks here, sir.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
You should just buy it and shelf it so when DYI disappoints again it will be on your shelf. Maybe wire it as a secondary ? Required for when you don't require a belly button engine swap.

I am truly glad your making head way getting it running! Most would have taking a baseball bat to it by now!
Scott

Reactions: 1 user
You should just buy it and shelf it so when DYI disappoints again it will be on your shelf. Maybe wire it as a secondary ? Required for when you don't require a belly button engine swap.

I am truly glad your making head way getting it running! Most would have taking a baseball bat to it by now!
Scott
That was on tomorrow's schedule.

I thought about it. An emublack looks to be a good little ecu ( emphasis on "little".) bout the size of a large smartphone.
It doesnt have all of the capabilities that my 3x has, but would be more than adequate for what I'd want it for. W/ a built in 4 bar map, a support system that allows for a phone call when you have questions, and is thoroughly familiar with the 2jz and its variants, at 1099.00 it seemed like a good deal to me.

in Hindsight.....

I may have been wr....

I may not have been exactly cor........

There’s a small chance that I misju......

It looks like I was too quick to conde....

:nonono: :nonono:

I tried......I honestly tried......But i seem to be unable to admit that i may have been “ not exactly right” when completely condemning the engine.

However...the engine itself is still not blameless for all of the headache. Admittedly, Had this been the “ so simple even a caveman w/ a pair of channel locks can work on it” belly button, that engine would’ve been running a month ago, power tuned and driveable.

Waiting on the day i added enough boost to it to turn it into ( two) 2.5.0’s.;)

The Tooge isn’t out of the condemn it to hell woods yet. I have to feel what 15 psi feels like before I come on here all watery-eyed and shaking talking about how i just met Jesus n sht.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
The Tooge isn’t out of the condemn it to hell woods yet. I have to feel what 15 psi feels like before I come on here all watery-eyed and shaking talking about how i just met Jesus n sht.
That time WlLL come...

Phil 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Phil 2:11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

New American Standard

That time WlLL come...

Phil 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Phil 2:11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

New American Standard
What part.......the 15 psi, or the meeting Jesus?

Tell Phil I've had both of my knees replaced, and I cant bow.

You also have yet to feel out your transmission adapter to be certain it’s square and flush. Fingers crossed you don’t have another reason to be jealous of the coyote swap crowd... ;)
Shhhhh!!!!The fckin 3AMD is sleeping. If he even hears a snippet of concern regarding the potential problems surrounding hand building an adapter plate-coupler w/o the benefit of precision measuring devices, jigs, and machining tools....that POS will be shaking me awake worrying his ass off about “ what happens if”.

The fall back is a stinking 4l60/80e.
They already make a adapter.
1591825965072.jpeg

$660.00

But it comes from freakin Australia. the good thing is that it uses a stock gm converter ( i.e. I won’t have to have a domestic converter modified to fit a japanese engine)
I buy and rebuild a 4l60e
I buy a 10” converter.
I can modify a 4l60e valve body to allow me to manually shift it exactly as i’m doing now with the 4r70.
Id have to configure some way to lock up the converter if i choose a l/U converter ( similar to how i do it now)
Adapted drive shaft, adapted trans mount....
What......2 k maybe?

To never have to worry about the “ what happens if”?

3amd can go fck himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.