1986 Mustang Production Line

• Sponsors (?)

Damn. Look at all those new 5.0 engines

22-1986-5-0l-sefi-high-output-engines.jpg

Interesting to see Ford installs the engines with trans and crossmember plus h-pipe bolted on. Wonder how easy that is to do in a driveway setting. Would save a lot of time

Reactions: 3 users
H-pipe and crossmember ....not too easy. However, but motor (with headers) and trans. me and wife can have it out in about 1.5 hour and back in running about the same (nonturbo application).

I refuse to fight a trans up from the ground to bolt to the motor, takes too long and to much effort without a lift IMOTAO

Reactions: 1 user
I refuse to fight a trans up from the ground to bolt to the motor, takes too long and to much effort without a lift IMOTAO

Tell me about it. I hate doing it that way. I've got the stitches to prove it too.

Looks like they use a DEEP pit below each car to drop the engine in with everything bolted up. Probably go in at a steep angle, and then pivot it up into place. Unsure if that can be done in a driveway though. Not that I'm going to try.

I've done engine+t5 before. Not too bad.

Thanks for the post. My current stang, since 02, is a 86 and I've owner 3 86's in the past. That line up of engines looks awesome. It's a one year only engine. I still have mine, but it's on a engine stand in the back of my garage

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the post. My current stang, since 02, is a 86 and I've owner 3 86's in the past. That line up of engines looks awesome. It's a one year only engine. I still have mine, but it's on a engine stand in the back of my garage
Here's mine.....the block and crank are original:confused:
image.jpeg

I recognize that engine. Looks like it's 7 rows back, 2nd from left in the pic of all the engines :)

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Damn. Look at all those new 5.0 engines

22-1986-5-0l-sefi-high-output-engines.jpg

Interesting to see Ford installs the engines with trans and crossmember plus h-pipe bolted on. Wonder how easy that is to do in a driveway setting. Would save a lot of time
Its been done many times....kinda difficult without a lift. Car body has to be about three feet in the air...unless you have a Team Z lower radiator support like mine. ( its bolted in, not welded )
uploadfromtaptalk1468028832090.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1468028895351.jpg
the motor I have now is turbo....and I put it in from the top with trans bolted on....next time....everything out the front. [emoji106]

Reactions: 1 user
Its been done many times....kinda difficult without a lift. Car body has to be about three feet in the air...unless you have a Team Z lower radiator support like mine. ( its bolted in, not welded )
uploadfromtaptalk1468028832090.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1468028895351.jpg
the motor I have now is turbo....and I put it in from the top with trans bolted on....next time....everything out the front. [emoji106]
You big stud! I almost did that to my red car because of you! Then I realized I'm sooo tired of modifying....