Roush 1988 fox with sa10 carbon hood!

C.Saleen

Jan 18, 2004
hey guys hows it going, i stoped over at a local show here in mass, and a local guy who owns some saleen's was there, to my suprise he brought one of his cars out, this pitcular car hasnt seen the road since 1997, this guy never lets the cars out, ive actully never seen this beauty in person, and to my suprise it had a carbon fiber sa10 hood, i thought i was seaing things, so i got talking to him, and the story began, so he tells me he bought the car new in 88 and then bought a new 89 ssc in 89, then he tells me he begin hording parts in the early 90's, so i get talking to him about the hood, he tells me he frist saw the hood on tim allens 93 RRR car, so he calls a contact he had been ordering parts from at saleen and orders the hood, the saleen rep tells him there's a guy that saleen had make them for the sa10 and now they were having him make some fibergalss ones before the mold was destroyed, so he orders the hood up $599 at the time and a few weeks later it comes along with a set of speedlines he also ordered, and he opens it up and the hood is carbon fiber, wow, a few weeks later a rep from saleen calls him and says they think they sipped him the wrong hood, so he tells them i dont know its alredy painted sorry, so that the story of the hood.

anways hes selling the car, its 88-71, it has the orignal basket weeve wheels, a set of mint speedlines with the origanl tires dated 1993, paxton blowers and tons of other saleen gooides, its got 15k miles and is in mint condition, hes got an extra set of center caps in the orignal package for the speedlines, the orignal hood, and an extra decal and emblem package, the thing is mint, im relly thinkning of making him an offer, any ideas on what its worth he wants 22,000

• Sponsors (?)

hood

i didnt have a cam on me wish i did, the hood looked amazing, the underside carbon fiber looks mint, the car is totally mint, only 15k the sc is polished as with many other items, he even had the strut tower brace notched to clear the blower pipe

22 is pricey for an 88. Spend the money on it if you really want it and don't look back. Otherwise, its worth mid to high teens. Sounds like you want that hood pretty badly. I don't blame you.

saleen

im sure i could work him down, but the car is pretty mint, id agree that its a little high, he does have some money into it, but most of it id prolly take off to return to stock, the car is probably the cleasent fox ive ever seen, the speedlines are mint and that hood is just increadble, the guy who owns it has had it since new and hes a clean freak, he owns an area detail/tinting shop that has been in business for 17 years so with the low miles and cleaness its an awsome car, im going to try and get pics of the hood, have you heard of any one else having this hood in carbon fiber, and were the sa10 hood carbon fiber

I don't know of anyone who has the hood in Carbon fiber that does not own an SA-10. If the guy is a real Saleen nut like myself who has been around from the beginning then the story about Saleen shipping the hood by accident is totally believeable since I have a few stories myself.
I would be really tempted by that 88. See if you can't talk him down in price without letting the car slip through your fingers. Just make sure you get all of the stock stuff with the car.

ya he seams to have quite a few stories like that, his ssc was increadble, he says he been selling the 88 since 97 but i kinda get the idea he wont budge on the price, if i see him again ill def get pictures of the hood, i might give him a call and take another look at the car, might not see the car for another 9 years

fastbackchaseca said:
would he be interested in selling the hood separately? <b> i promise i won't use it as a sled</b>...

You won't know what you are missing out on- Something to be said for being the first to the bottom of the hill every time, my kids love it ;)

marcus95 said:
Ha ha haa.

Nice. I was wondering if you were going to rent that hood out for the day. I'd be interested in renting it for the afternoon for a big hill in CO. I may not bring it back though.:)

The kids have it hanging on the wall waiting for you to stop by...

I can see the snow on the hills, but it is 75* at the house :)

Attachments

• 1961tmb.jpg
    1961tmb.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 131