1989 25th Anniversary Emblem?

Tru_Blue_104

Nov 13, 2003
MN
This is a relativly stupid question, just need an answer without ridicule! On the dash of my 1989 lx, it has a classic pony emblem with the words 25 years on the bottom. Is this something that was done in all the 89's?

• Sponsors (?)

bhuff30 said:
There is not one production mustang with 1964 on the title. only early 65's and late 65's... yet we still celebrate 64 as the first year. :rlaugh:

Actually, the first ones were released as 1964 1/2 models.

Anyway, from what I've heard, the last half of cars made in '89 and the first half or so made in '90 had the 25th anniversary emblem. My '90 has one. Ford bobbled the anniversary model and all the commemoration that resulted was the tiny badge on the dash.

Red_LX said:

Anyway, from what I've heard, the last half of cars made in '89 and the first half or so made in '90 had the 25th anniversary emblem. My '90 has one. Ford bobbled the anniversary model and all the commemoration that resulted was the tiny badge on the dash.

Great, I feel really special now. Thanks for shattering my dreams! :(

Red_LX said:

Correct. Only three official "Anniversary" models have been made. The 20th/35th/40th(however a weak attempt).
-Jason

All cars made between April 17, 1989 to April 17, 1990 got the "25 YEARS" dash emblem. After april of 1990, the rest of the mustangs kept the dash emblem but they had no wording.

Notice the emblem says "25 years" not 25th anniversary.

The interior in my car came out of an early 1990 so i have the 25 years emblem and an armrest delete :)